When it comes to rehabilitation and reintegration into society, ethical decision-making involves considering what is best for the justice-involved individual, the community at large, and the criminal justice system as a whole. In this discussion, you consider the case of Zephaniah Trevino, a Grand Prairie, Texas teenager who was 16 when charged with capital murder for a crime that occurred while she was being held captive as a sex worker. After she spent over a year in pre-trial juvenile custody, a judge ruled that she would be tried as an adult. The circumstances of this case pose complex ethical dilemmas, and the decisions made will impact this young person for the rest of her life.
Research the case of Zephaniah Trevino and locate 2 sources about the case decisions.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 275 words:
What 2 sources did you find about Zephis case?
How were the reporting and opinions of the case decisions similar or different between your 2 sources?
What elements of this case create an ethical dilemma?
What ethical decisions would you make for her incarceration, rehabilitation, and reintegration? Provide rationale.
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the global financial market or in various countries.
- Discuss the implications these laws and/or regulations have on the business environment.
- Does the number of lies Stephanie Ericsson outlines in The Ways We Lie help or hurt her argument?
- Explain how the conversation change when discerning between acute vs chronic pain?
- Write a report on “business/ credit cycle” based from these two videos : Fear the boom and bust: Keynes vs Hayek and Friedrick Hayek The Road to Serfdom (Episode #139).
- Identify the typical Western Hero Archetype and then explain how your selected Eastern Hero differs from the typical Western Hero Archetype.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Integrated Evidence-Based Practice
- Write a program for NASA that will determine if the weather conditions are favorable for launch of a new rocket. It should ask the user for the sustained wind speed and the current daily temperature. If the wind speed is above 30 mph or if the daily temperature is below 41 degrees F, then output that the launch must be aborted. Otherwise, output that the rocket is go for launch! Save the program as RocketLaunch.java.
- Compare and Contrast American, European, and Japanese Approaches to Quality Management