APPLICATION CASE QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION
Application Case 3.1: A Better Data Plan: Well-Established TELCOs Leverage Data Warehousing and Analytics to Stay on Top in a Competitive Industry
1. What are the main challenges for TELCOs?
2. How can data warehousing and data analytics help TELCOs in overcoming their challenges?
3. Why do you think TELCOs are well suited to take full advantage of data analytics?
Application Case 3.2: BP Lubricants Achieve BIGS Success
1. What is BIGS?
2. What were the challenges, the proposed solution, and the obtained results with BIGS?
Application Case 3.3: Use of Teradata Analytics for SAP Solutions Accelerates Big Data Delivery
1. What were the challenges faced by the large Dutch retailer?
2. What was the proposed multivendor solution? What were the implementation challenges?
3. What were the lessons learned?
Application Case 3.4: EDW Helps Connect State Agencies in Michigan
1. Why would a state invest in a large and expensive IT infrastructure (such as an EDW)?
2. What are the size and complexity of EDW used by state agencies in Michigan?
3. What were the challenges, the proposed solution, and the obtained results of the EDW?
Application Case 3.5: AARP Transforms Its BI Infrastructure and Achieves a 347% ROI in Three Years
1. What were the challenges AARP was facing?
2. What was the approach for a potential solution?
3. What were the results obtained in the short term, and what were the future plans?
Application Case 3.6: Expedia.coms Customer Satisfaction Scorecard
1. Who are the customers for Expedia.com? Why is customer satisfaction a very important part of their business?
2. How did Expedia.com improve customer satisfaction with scorecards?
3. What were the challenges, the proposed solution, and the obtained results?
- Discuss about an issue concerning a current social issue or modern technology and write an essay in which you take a position on that issue.
- Identify the three essential elements to management, maintaining a balance between the current culture, and improving relationships to minimize resistance to change.
- Explain how the Act of God doctrine, can be used to eliminate liability in contracts for failure to perform.
- What experiences have you had working with children with psychological difficulties?
- Identify measures to assist the individual to achieve the tasks of his/her stage of development.
- Discuss and analyse the Trifler letters to the serialized articles on natural philosophy and history.
- Do you agree with the concept that individuals self-medicate in relation to stress, coping, and substance-related and addictive disorders?
- Discuss nation-states in the world today, and different types of political institutions are spread among them.
- Summarize, analyze, and discuss some of the key aspects of that Compliance Program Manual, and how some of those key aspects relate to promoting product safety and efficacy.
- Explain how to reduce the use of excessive police force that especially targets communities of color in the United States.