The purpose of this individual assessment task is to assess your knowledge of strategy theory, and your ability to communicate strategic analysis in written form. For this task you are required to write an individual essay (2000 words +/- 10%) addressing the following question:
Which strategy should business rely on more? Differentiation or Cost Leadership? Why? Use an example of a local Australia business (can be more than one) to differentiate the two theories and explain weigh up the better option.
This question should be answered in a persuasive essay format, with an introduction, body, and conclusion. Please do not use headings in your essay, nor a table of contents. Page numbers, however, must be included, along with a reference list on a separate page. Format your essay in a 12-point font.
Assessment Submission Rules:
Rule 1: Failure to acknowledge sources will lead to an overall fail grade.
Rule 2: Incoherent English writing will lead to a fail grade and writing that is difficult to understand will result in reduced marks due to the impediment it creates in determining whether or not the
student has met the above standards.
Rule 3: Task length is 2000 words +/- 10%, excluding reference list. Essays that are outside of this word limit will result in reduced marks.
- Describe the strategic approach of the United States to terrorism in Africa and explain the threat to the United States from terrorists recruited by Al Shabaab.
- What are the potential consequences for ignoring emergent strategies?
- If you have celiac disease or know of someone who does, how does going gluten-free affect their lives?
- What do Edward Belamy and Henry George have to say about the possibility of changing industrialized societies without revolution?
- What did Kipling say in the poem, The White Mans Burden?
- Discuss how the field of Speech Language Pathology can be incorporated within Academic success (written oral communication of literacy across the curriculum) and Cultural diversity (Bilingualism English language learners).
- Are there differences between these terms, or are they synonymous?
- What is the difference between real or physical evidence and testimonial evidence?
- Write an essay that identifies–and presents a reasonable, well-developed solution for–some type of problem related to technology.
- What aspect of family psychology interests you?