In the text, you were introduced to Jacob and Damien. The tragic case reveals how developmental and environmental risk factors can influence a childs emotional and physical well-being. Protective factors created through a relationship with a social worker have the potential to increase perseverance and resilience.
In this Discussion, you consider one of two case studies and apply what you have learned about choosing social work roles and interventions. How could you intervene with Hamza or the Patterson family to increase the potential for positive adaptations to their circumstances?
1. Two important aspects of the ecological-developmental framework for services with children and families, explaining the frameworks relevance to social work practice.
2. Then, identify two roles the social worker may perform at each of the three levels of social work practice (e.g., micro, mezzo, and macro).
3. Finally, explain one multilevel intervention strategy you would use with your chosen case at each of the three levels and why you chose this strategy.
1. Discussion posting fully addresses all instruction prompts, including responding to the required number of peer posts.
2. Discussion posting demonstrates an excellent understanding of all of the concepts and key points presented in the text(s) and Learning Resources. Posting provides significant detail including multiple relevant examples, evidence from the readings and other scholarly sources, and discerning ideas.
3. Postings are well organized, use scholarly tone, contain original writing and proper paraphrasing, follow APA style, contain very few or no writing and/or spelling errors
1. Webb, N. B. (2019). Social work practice with children (4th ed.). New York, NY: The Guilford Press.
Chapter 1, The Challenge of Meeting Childrens Needs in the Context of Difficult Family and Community Environments
Chapter 2, Challenges for Practitioners in Helping Children: Understanding the Multifaceted Role of the Social Worker
WEBSITE FOR THE BOOKS
- Report in R Markdown
- Select one of our course readings so far (an article or one of the chapter sections from the Preface book). Carefully read your chosen text and offer roughly one page of summary and three pages of analysis with additional details from the text.
- Explain how their gender roles compare and different from those in the US?
- Explain how each one can benefit your well-being and how they relate to each other.
- Discuss how the idea of naturalism or modernism is depicted in your authors work.
- Describe the key philosophies of the counseling profession: wellness, resilience, and prevention.
- Discuss about Global Healthcare Comparison Matrix and Narrative Statement.
- What different models of Aboriginal self-government have emerged in Canada, according to the Papillon article?
- Compare and contrast the fables ‘The Fox and the Raven’ and ‘The Dog in the Manger.’
- What are the potential downfalls and positive influences of the Netflix Way?