Use PsycINFO from the SF State Library to locate an article on a developmental topic that interests you. If you can’t think of a topic, skim the textbook’s index for ideas.
Try to find an article that reports the results of a research study rather than one that is theoretical or a review of other research. Once you find an article, read it as carefully as you can. Depending on where the article was published, it may be difficult to understand because most journals publish articles written by researchers for other researchers to read. Do your best to answer the following questions:
Using APA format, what is the article’s complete reference?
If the article reports the results of a research study, what type of study is it? Be as specific and complete as possible. For instance, is the research quantitative or qualitative? Is the study descriiptive, correlational, or experimental?
Who were the participants in the study? How were they selected? Do they constitute a representative sample of the population?
What were the variables that were investigated in the study? If age was a variable, how was it investigated (e.g., cross-sectional study, longitudinal study)?
If the study involved quantitative data, what types of statistics were used?
What was the study’s major hypothesis or research question? What were the major conclusions?
- Compose a research paper that examines the juvenile justice system.
- Write a research paper addressing the topic of how managers effectively and efficiently use organisational resources to meet organisational objectives.
- Write a paper on the use of clinical reasoning in developing and applying advanced health history and physical assessment skills at the graduate level.
- Write a research paper that explores the relationship between cultural and emotional intelligence and interpersonal communication.
- Explain and summarise the relationship between critical pedagogy and diversity-related issues with the current educational system.
- What three terms best characterise your leadership style? is a topic for a research study.
- What are the main differences between Arizona constitutions and the U.S. Constitution?
- What did the Lending Club or similar P2P lending platforms do to make it easier to attract borrowers and investors?
- Write a research paper on What are the steps in the infection process?
- Write a research paper on how you plan to improve as a learner-centered classroom facilitator.