USE SIMPLE AND EASY-TO READ LANGUAGE. NO FANCY WORLDS. (English is my second language)
A CREATIVE WRITING.
TITLE: Essay: The Plagues of Egypt
I expect your response to be at least 500 words, in MLA style.
What was the purpose of the account of the Ten Plagues of Egypt, and how did the author or authors of the narrative achieve this?
Does it matter whether the narrative is historical/scientific, or metaphorical/allergorical? In other words, does it matter if these plagues REALLY happened, or did the account serve a purpose regardless of its “factual” reality. Whichever way you approach this question, be sure to explain why it matters or does not matter.
You may write about an artistic representation of the Plagues of Egypt. One of the links (Links to an external site.) provided on the Contexts page lists paintings, etchings, and other portrayals. If you choose an example of visual art, I expect you to touch on the time period when it was created, about the style, the artist, the purpose of the piece, that kind of thing. If you need some guidance for writing about visual art, here are some helpful links:
Art Loop Open: Essay About a Painting-How Can You Write It? (Links to an external site.)
Purdue University: Writing Essays in Art History (Links to an external site.)
Duke University: Writing About Paintings (Links to an external site.)
EssayPro.com: Visual Analysis: How to Analyze a Painting and Write an Essay
FINAL NOTE: This is NOT an exercise in summarizing. I DO NOT want a list of the plagues or a blow by blow description of them. That’s what the text in Exodus does. The purpose of the essay is to demonstrate that you are engaging with the topic.
- The Universe’s Secrets: The James Webb Space Telescope Research
- Celebrating Cultural Diversity: An Exploration of Traditional African Dance in NYC Essay
- Enhancing Kindergarten Science Education Outline
- Navigating the Complexities of End-of-Life Care Research
- Navigating Japan’s Demographic Crisis Essay
- Cognitive Psychology: Evolution, Major Theories, and Impact on Modern Understanding Essay
- The Impact of Non-Diegetic Score on Mood in ‘The Shawshank Redemption Essay
- The Role of Government in Providing Goods and Services Essay
- Government Access to Encrypted Devices and Personal Communications in the Digital Age Research
- NAICS System Principles and Their Impact on Marketing and Economic Analysis Research