Individual Assignment: Research and analyze the stated requirements of the Capstone Project Scenario.
In a 3-5-page MS Word document, address the following:
What unstated requirements are there, and what method(s) would you use to collect a more comprehensive set of requirements?
Describe all of the requirements (stated and unstated) and explain how they could be met using hardware, software, networking, and security. In other words, summarize the elements of the solution that are necessary to address the requirements. Support your proposal.
Your paper should be in APA format and include a title page and references page, neither of which count towards the page length requirement.
ITCO-498 Capstone Project Guidelines V1.0
This document provides information to guide your capstone work. The ITCO-498 Capstone Project is the culmination of your Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) degree program. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate many of the concepts and techniques you learned throughout your degree program. The Capstone Projects required group work, individual work, scenario, and submission details are provided in this guidelines document.
During the first week of the class, you will be formed into teams by your instructor. Teams will need to select which project components each member will assume responsibility for.
Contact your instructor if you have any questions regarding this document or the ITCO-498 Capstone Project.
Capstone Project Scenario
A new software company, Crostini, Inc., is in the early stages of formation and is seeking your help. You have been hired as an information technology (IT) consultant and are charged with designing and proposing a complete IT solution that includes hardware, software, networking, and security components.
Crostinis leadership team has provided the following that defines their vision requiring an IT solution.
Crostini is designing an online software service called Mince, which is a secret acronym for Making Italian Novel Culinary Experiences. The word is never written in all capital letters. Mince is envisioned to be an online platform for all things related to Italian cooking.
Blogs that Crostini staff will write, and users can read, follow, and comment on.
Recipes from Crostini staff with the ability to subscribe to specific chefs, print recipes, and
watch videos of the chef creating the dish.
Robust eCommerce component to sell Crostini products and third-party products.
Social media component called Mince-Meet. Standard social media functionality to include:
o Discussion forums
o Instant messaging
o Secure emails
o VOIP calling between connected (friends) users
User accounts and profiles.
Content, people, and product search.
Calendar component with reminders.
Administrative and reporting tools.
Based on market research, Crostini expects Mince to house unlimited recipes, videos, and other content. The eCommerce component will have several thousand products.
Crostinis Expectations of the IT Solution
Easy to use (user perspective)
Easy to manage and configure (administrator perspective)
High performance even during peak usage times
Support thousands of simultaneous users across the globe
Security and safety are of paramount importance
Collect, store, and backup user data with tools to mine data for analytic
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the global financial market or in various countries.
- Discuss the implications these laws and/or regulations have on the business environment.
- Does the number of lies Stephanie Ericsson outlines in The Ways We Lie help or hurt her argument?
- Explain how the conversation change when discerning between acute vs chronic pain?
- Write a report on “business/ credit cycle” based from these two videos : Fear the boom and bust: Keynes vs Hayek and Friedrick Hayek The Road to Serfdom (Episode #139).
- Identify the typical Western Hero Archetype and then explain how your selected Eastern Hero differs from the typical Western Hero Archetype.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Integrated Evidence-Based Practice
- Write a program for NASA that will determine if the weather conditions are favorable for launch of a new rocket. It should ask the user for the sustained wind speed and the current daily temperature. If the wind speed is above 30 mph or if the daily temperature is below 41 degrees F, then output that the launch must be aborted. Otherwise, output that the rocket is go for launch! Save the program as RocketLaunch.java.
- Compare and Contrast American, European, and Japanese Approaches to Quality Management