A 75-year-old man with a history of hypertension, diabetes, and environmental allergies, presents to the office with a complaint of persistent dry hacking cough that does not improve with over-the-counter treatment with antitussives and allergy medications. The man reports that he has had the cough for 3 months and is tired of the coughing spells he experiences. His medical history reveals that he started taking lisinopril 6 months before this appointment, has taken an over-the-counter allergy medication for several years, and his blood pressure today is 150/92. Other medications include metformin XR 500 mg daily, aspirin 81 mg once daily, and loratadine 10 mg daily. The physical exam is negative for any issues other than his mild neuropathy from long-term diabetes. The cough is noted to be dry and hacking as the patient has described. The man is not in acute distress.
What questions would have been asked as part of the medical history?
What physical aspects would have been completed as part of the physical exam?
Based on the medical history and physical exam, what is the most likely cause of his cough?
What other possible diagnoses should be considered?
Are there any other tests that should be completed before producing a diagnosis? Why or why not?
What is the treatment for this patient, including education?
Research: (APA Assignment), Title Page, Introduction, Headings. Citation and reference page is required.
Length: A minimum of 750 words, not including references
Citations: At least two high-level scholarly references in APA from within the last 5 years.
- Compose a research paper that examines the juvenile justice system.
- Write a research paper addressing the topic of how managers effectively and efficiently use organisational resources to meet organisational objectives.
- Write a paper on the use of clinical reasoning in developing and applying advanced health history and physical assessment skills at the graduate level.
- Write a research paper that explores the relationship between cultural and emotional intelligence and interpersonal communication.
- Explain and summarise the relationship between critical pedagogy and diversity-related issues with the current educational system.
- What three terms best characterise your leadership style? is a topic for a research study.
- What are the main differences between Arizona constitutions and the U.S. Constitution?
- What did the Lending Club or similar P2P lending platforms do to make it easier to attract borrowers and investors?
- Write a research paper on What are the steps in the infection process?
- Write a research paper on how you plan to improve as a learner-centered classroom facilitator.