Unit 1: Empire and Exploitation: The Atlantic Slave Trade
This topic’s DB question is based on both primary source readings (in the Topic Folder) and Alan Taylor’s descriptions of the origins of black slavery in the 17th century Chesapeake colony (Virginia) and in 17th century Barbados. The primary sources (Equiano and Barbot) describe the slave trade in Africa. What new knowledge (if any) about African slavery do these sources provide for you? Taylor’s work isolates two important moments in the history of racism in the Atlantic world, one in Virginia and the other in Barbados. Both are affected by events in England and in London. Can you say what those moments consisted of? Why are they significancixt? Do they have any relevance for us now?
- Write about Green HRM- Its role in organizational sustainability: Recent research and knowledge emerging in this field.
- Describe the operations that the international firm seeks to perform in a NEW host country (manufacturing, joint venture, or exporting from the home country) and the competition the firm would face there.
- What are some of the opportunities missed in the case?
- Discuss which may be more cost effective vs. which may serve more people.
- Discuss how the quote applies to the main concept being explained in your response.
- Discuss about why a particular situation or setting might call for one type of software over another.
- Describe how classroom evaluation is different from clinical evaluation.
- Can you apply the concepts in the reading to a career in public health?
- What are your strategies for promoting equity in evaluation?
- What was successful and unsuccessful about those responses?