Unit 1: Empire and Exploitation: The Atlantic Slave Trade
This topic’s DB question is based on both primary source readings (in the Topic Folder) and Alan Taylor’s descriptions of the origins of black slavery in the 17th century Chesapeake colony (Virginia) and in 17th century Barbados. The primary sources (Equiano and Barbot) describe the slave trade in Africa. What new knowledge (if any) about African slavery do these sources provide for you? Taylor’s work isolates two important moments in the history of racism in the Atlantic world, one in Virginia and the other in Barbados. Both are affected by events in England and in London. Can you say what those moments consisted of? Why are they significancixt? Do they have any relevance for us now?
- Non-Traditional Scholar Award
- Mentorship Award Scholarship
- Early Intervention
- IMPACT OF TRAUMA
- Progress Report
- Software Maturity Model Five Stages
- In To Kill a Mockingbird, how do monsters expose cultural oppression?
- Who should participate in end-of-life decisions? give at least 3 examples and why you believe that they should be involved.
- Predicting Suicide
- 5-10 min podcast with images of a health problem in your neighborhood