After reading Chang’s piece “Is Diversity for white people?” p. 219-234 respond with depth to the five questions below. Think of this as the early beginnings of what your midterm essay will turn into once you integrate your analysis of your institution and expand on Chang’s claims and examples.
What kinds of representations of diversity do you find?
Who do these representations seem to be for? How can you tell?
How might you use Changs essay as a lens through which to analyze this material?
What would Chang say about it? How do you know that is what he would say?
And, finally, how does Changs essay (if it does) cause you to think of the materials differently than you might have before reading Chang?
- Navigating PFAS Contamination in Illinois Research
- The Power of Motivation Theories in the Workplace Essay
- Advancing APRN Practice in California Essay
- Addressing Co-Occurring Disorders and Developing a Gender-Specific Program for Women Essay
- Mastering Effective Communication: Applying Active Listening in the Digital Age Essay
- My Journey to the University of Florida Essay
- Systems Thinking Approach to Addressing the Tragedy of the Commons in Fisheries Management Research
- The Universe’s Secrets: The James Webb Space Telescope Research
- Celebrating Cultural Diversity: An Exploration of Traditional African Dance in NYC Essay
- Enhancing Kindergarten Science Education Outline