or this assignment you should read CH 2 from the textbook (pages 43-65) and for this module’s movie, pick any of the Fast and Furious films. Pick one that you have not seen – the book talks about Furious 7 FYI.
Here are your instructions from the syllabus:
For each movie that we watch as a class you will need to write up and turn in a reflection/response paper (2 pages – anything less will be minus points) that covers the following:
What is your initial reflection/response to the movie? (what would you tweet or talk to your friend about when you are walking out of the theater?)
How does the movie fit with the chapter from the textbook? Is it clear? Explain.
Reflect more broadly on what you learned about in the movie (political themes).
What lingering questions do you have about the movie and its relation to politics?
What follow-up reading/research did you do after the movie to answer your questions? Cite what you found explain.
Do the exercise from the book at the end of the chapter for the module.
FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT, I want you to do the exercise on page 63, but you don’t need to watch Birth of a Nation – but talk instead about the broader theme of industry bias, race, and the politics of films today.
Remember: these papers are not summaries of the movie, but they are designed to provide evidence that you really watched them and thought about what you were watching and what we read. In your reflection you should show your critical thinking, as well as research and writing skills. These are not book reports, they should be college level work.
- Leadership Through Film
- Developing an Implementation Plan
- Healthcare professionals would be thrilled if individuals made decisions about what to eat based on a solid knowledge of what constitutes a “healthy diet.” Unfortunately, that is not typically the case. Many people do not know what constitutes a healthy diet. There are also those who do know but make less healthy choices for several reasons.
- Week 6 Discussion – Spiritual Leadership
- Responding to the instructor WEEK 6 NR-505
- Book: Renegade Dreams by Laurence Ralph
- Responding to a post week 6 NR-505
- Managing an Outbreak
- Should any basic healthcare services be provided to all US citizens?
- Explain how Senator Joseph McCarthy defined communist nations within the speech. What specific threats did these nations pose?