or this assignment you should read CH 2 from the textbook (pages 43-65) and for this module’s movie, pick any of the Fast and Furious films. Pick one that you have not seen – the book talks about Furious 7 FYI.
Here are your instructions from the syllabus:
For each movie that we watch as a class you will need to write up and turn in a reflection/response paper (2 pages – anything less will be minus points) that covers the following:
What is your initial reflection/response to the movie? (what would you tweet or talk to your friend about when you are walking out of the theater?)
How does the movie fit with the chapter from the textbook? Is it clear? Explain.
Reflect more broadly on what you learned about in the movie (political themes).
What lingering questions do you have about the movie and its relation to politics?
What follow-up reading/research did you do after the movie to answer your questions? Cite what you found explain.
Do the exercise from the book at the end of the chapter for the module.
FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT, I want you to do the exercise on page 63, but you don’t need to watch Birth of a Nation – but talk instead about the broader theme of industry bias, race, and the politics of films today.
Remember: these papers are not summaries of the movie, but they are designed to provide evidence that you really watched them and thought about what you were watching and what we read. In your reflection you should show your critical thinking, as well as research and writing skills. These are not book reports, they should be college level work.
- What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?
- Do you agree with President Jackson’s conclusions of the necessity for an Indian Removal Policy?
- Is it possible to teach someone to love reading?
- Why is the murder of Lady Macduff and her dramatically necessary? Consider what the murder reveals about Macbeth and the effect the murder has/will have on Macduff and other noblemen.
- Bail Trap by Nick Pinto
- Management Control Report
- How would you solve the moral dilemma of Janet Moore? Try to put yourself in her place. What would you decide and why? Explain the reasons for your decision carefully.
- Project purpose idea: neighborhood community board assessing the risks involved if Con Edison continues with a (specific) project. Transition Risk being the focus- economic losses from a business changing policies and production to more energy efficient methods
- Animal parts used in Fashion industry or Fashion buisness and affecting animal welfare and ethics
- Analysis of W T. Stead’s The Maiden Tribute