Select a criminological theory from any of the theories that you have learned about this semester (see list below). You should select the theory you believe is the most valid explanation of criminal behavior from the list below. Answer the following prompts in your paper. You should use the prompts as subheadings in your paper.
Introduction to Paper – In a clear thesis statement identify one theory covered in class that you believe is the most valid explanation for criminal behavior.
What are the main theoretical assumptions of the theory?
Has the theory been empirically supported? Cite three to five empirical peer-reviewed journal articles that have tested the theory, and be sure to report the findings of these studies.
What is one policy that could be implemented if the theory were to be adopted by the criminal justice system?
Explain in detail why you think this theory does the best job of explaining criminal behavior. Be sure to support your argument with the theoretical assumptions, empirical support, and the policy implication of the theory.
Deterrence Theory (Module 2)
Rational Choice Theory (Module 2)
Routine Activities Theory (Module 2)
Biosocial Explanations (Module 3)
Psychosocial Explanations (Module 3)
Merton’s Anomie/Strain Theory (Module 4)
Cohen’s Theory of Lower Class Status Frustration (Module 4)
Cloward and Ohlin’s Differential Opportunity Theory (Module 4)
Agnew’s General Strain Theory (Module 4)
Social Disorganization Theory (Module 4)
Focal Concerns Theory (Module 4)
The Code of the Streets (Module 4)
Social Learning Theory (Module 5)
Social Bonds Theory (Module 5)
Neutralization Theory (Module 5)
General Theory of Crime (Module 5)
Moffitt’s Developmental Taxonomy (Module 5)
Sampson & Laub’s Age Graded Social Bond Theory (Module 5)
how to submit
Microsoft Word .doc or docx
Include Cover Page
1500 to 2000 words (excluding title page and reference page)
Times New Roman Font
12 Point Font
1”inch margins all around
Grammar & Presentation Instructions:
Should contain headings as per APA formatting style
Should not contain colloquialism and contractions
Should be coherent
Should be written in proper grammar,
Include proper in text and references in APA style
A minimum of 3 empirical peer reviewed journal articles testicixng the theory is required.
- Write about Green HRM- Its role in organizational sustainability: Recent research and knowledge emerging in this field.
- Describe the operations that the international firm seeks to perform in a NEW host country (manufacturing, joint venture, or exporting from the home country) and the competition the firm would face there.
- What are some of the opportunities missed in the case?
- Discuss which may be more cost effective vs. which may serve more people.
- Discuss how the quote applies to the main concept being explained in your response.
- Discuss about why a particular situation or setting might call for one type of software over another.
- Describe how classroom evaluation is different from clinical evaluation.
- Can you apply the concepts in the reading to a career in public health?
- What are your strategies for promoting equity in evaluation?
- What was successful and unsuccessful about those responses?