Select a criminological theory from any of the theories that you have learned about this semester (see list below). You should select the theory you believe is the most valid explanation of criminal behavior from the list below. Answer the following prompts in your paper. You should use the prompts as subheadings in your paper.
Introduction to Paper – In a clear thesis statement identify one theory covered in class that you believe is the most valid explanation for criminal behavior.
What are the main theoretical assumptions of the theory?
Has the theory been empirically supported? Cite three to five empirical peer-reviewed journal articles that have tested the theory, and be sure to report the findings of these studies.
What is one policy that could be implemented if the theory were to be adopted by the criminal justice system?
Explain in detail why you think this theory does the best job of explaining criminal behavior. Be sure to support your argument with the theoretical assumptions, empirical support, and the policy implication of the theory.
Deterrence Theory (Module 2)
Rational Choice Theory (Module 2)
Routine Activities Theory (Module 2)
Biosocial Explanations (Module 3)
Psychosocial Explanations (Module 3)
Merton’s Anomie/Strain Theory (Module 4)
Cohen’s Theory of Lower Class Status Frustration (Module 4)
Cloward and Ohlin’s Differential Opportunity Theory (Module 4)
Agnew’s General Strain Theory (Module 4)
Social Disorganization Theory (Module 4)
Focal Concerns Theory (Module 4)
The Code of the Streets (Module 4)
Social Learning Theory (Module 5)
Social Bonds Theory (Module 5)
Neutralization Theory (Module 5)
General Theory of Crime (Module 5)
Moffitt’s Developmental Taxonomy (Module 5)
Sampson & Laub’s Age Graded Social Bond Theory (Module 5)
how to submit
Microsoft Word .doc or docx
Include Cover Page
1500 to 2000 words (excluding title page and reference page)
Times New Roman Font
12 Point Font
1”inch margins all around
Grammar & Presentation Instructions:
Should contain headings as per APA formatting style
Should not contain colloquialism and contractions
Should be coherent
Should be written in proper grammar,
Include proper in text and references in APA style
A minimum of 3 empirical peer reviewed journal articles testicixng the theory is required.
- Discuss your opinion and react to Edo society. You may agree or criticize the society you are in and suggest ideas that could renovate the society. -You must write in the first person, “I Ichikawa Danjuro…” -No need for an introduction or conclusion (I attached a sample for reference)
- Good Life- Eudaimonia in Pohnpei
- Apocalyptic Geographies
- Statement of Purpose (Industrial Engineering)
- Social Work class. Extra assignment.
- Explain the drivers of globalization and how they impact business decisions Differentiate between domestic and international business environments Describe the factors that contribute to international market attractiveness and entry
- Select any theory or concept in the required textbook for this course that you would like to explore more in depth (look through the required textbooks content to identify a theory or a concept of your interest). Write an introduction explaining your choice of the theory or concept (e.g., why did you choose this particular theory, as opposed to other theories).
- Critically examine the role of followers in current leadership theory. Essay should be grounded in academic leadership theory and some practical examples may be used from real life organisations.
- Using examples seen in class, analyze their enduring legacy in the history of science and technology. How was Greek science introduced to other civilizations? How did it make a comeback in Europe? And what would lead to its demise?
- Identify and describe relevant and influential risk factors and/or enablers. Critically analyses the relationship between known risk factors and/or enablers and the health issue, including assessing the strength of the relationship and any important limitations.