Select a criminological theory from any of the theories that you have learned about this semester (see list below). You should select the theory you believe is the most valid explanation of criminal behavior from the list below. Answer the following prompts in your paper. You should use the prompts as subheadings in your paper.
Introduction to Paper – In a clear thesis statement identify one theory covered in class that you believe is the most valid explanation for criminal behavior.
What are the main theoretical assumptions of the theory?
Has the theory been empirically supported? Cite three to five empirical peer-reviewed journal articles that have tested the theory, and be sure to report the findings of these studies.
What is one policy that could be implemented if the theory were to be adopted by the criminal justice system?
Explain in detail why you think this theory does the best job of explaining criminal behavior. Be sure to support your argument with the theoretical assumptions, empirical support, and the policy implication of the theory.
Deterrence Theory (Module 2)
Rational Choice Theory (Module 2)
Routine Activities Theory (Module 2)
Biosocial Explanations (Module 3)
Psychosocial Explanations (Module 3)
Merton’s Anomie/Strain Theory (Module 4)
Cohen’s Theory of Lower Class Status Frustration (Module 4)
Cloward and Ohlin’s Differential Opportunity Theory (Module 4)
Agnew’s General Strain Theory (Module 4)
Social Disorganization Theory (Module 4)
Focal Concerns Theory (Module 4)
The Code of the Streets (Module 4)
Social Learning Theory (Module 5)
Social Bonds Theory (Module 5)
Neutralization Theory (Module 5)
General Theory of Crime (Module 5)
Moffitt’s Developmental Taxonomy (Module 5)
Sampson & Laub’s Age Graded Social Bond Theory (Module 5)
how to submit
Microsoft Word .doc or docx
Include Cover Page
1500 to 2000 words (excluding title page and reference page)
Times New Roman Font
12 Point Font
1”inch margins all around
Grammar & Presentation Instructions:
Should contain headings as per APA formatting style
Should not contain colloquialism and contractions
Should be coherent
Should be written in proper grammar,
Include proper in text and references in APA style
A minimum of 3 empirical peer reviewed journal articles testicixng the theory is required.
- Explain and exemplify the major political-institutional differences between the EU and ASEAN.
- Write 2-3 pages applicable to your capstone project. Identify the stakeholders (use fictitious names for stakeholders) that will play a major part with your study of Addressing Barriers to Care Among American-Muslim Adults Suffering From Depression and integrate with your project.
- CRM Plan | Part 1 – Analysis Report
- Design your own Movie Rating System and explain why you created it the way you did. Write a paragraph that explains each category.
- What are some possible patient outcomes if the infection was discovered late and treatment was delivered late?
- treatment study paper
- 3.3 Discussion: Team Leadership
- What your understanding of open source tradecraft for law enforcement is,
- Create a Power Point slide with a title page, a working thesis, supporting quotes from the book (I prefer you to use quotes from chapters 7-12, but you may use quotes from earlier chapters if needed to support the working thesis), and the last page will be for discussion questions (at least 2 questions, but no more than 3 questions). The questions need to be open-ended, conversation starters.
- Write an essay, at least 500 words, responding to Lipsitz’s and Kelley’s essays and to what we’ve been learning in class pertaining to the criminalization of rap music. How was the criminalization of rap music tied to the criminalization of Black youth? What political and social forces wanted to censor rap music and why? How did rappers and their supporters fight back against criminalization and censorship? What should we do with rap music that some might find offensive? Definitely draw on what you learned from reading the essays by Lipsitz and Kelley, but the more opinionated your essay, the better.