1. How do super-max prisons differ from other prisons? What concerns have been raised concerning their alleged effects on inmates, constitutionality, and public safety?
2. What is a direct supervision jail and how does it differ in design and function from traditional jails?
3. Describe the types of correctional officers, per Farkas. How do age, length of service, type of assignment, and education affect where one fits in this typology?
4. Discuss some organizational stressors that can occur and can cause depression, low job satisfaction, and high attrition rates among correctional employees. What kinds of measures can be taken to minimize them?
5. Explain the options corrections administrators have when it comes to the treatment of inmates with serious mental health issues.
6. Describe the underlying philosophy of intermediate sanctions. Why are they so widely used? What does research tell us about their efficacy?
- Discuss about an issue concerning a current social issue or modern technology and write an essay in which you take a position on that issue.
- Identify the three essential elements to management, maintaining a balance between the current culture, and improving relationships to minimize resistance to change.
- Explain how the Act of God doctrine, can be used to eliminate liability in contracts for failure to perform.
- What experiences have you had working with children with psychological difficulties?
- Identify measures to assist the individual to achieve the tasks of his/her stage of development.
- Discuss and analyse the Trifler letters to the serialized articles on natural philosophy and history.
- Do you agree with the concept that individuals self-medicate in relation to stress, coping, and substance-related and addictive disorders?
- Discuss nation-states in the world today, and different types of political institutions are spread among them.
- Summarize, analyze, and discuss some of the key aspects of that Compliance Program Manual, and how some of those key aspects relate to promoting product safety and efficacy.
- Explain how to reduce the use of excessive police force that especially targets communities of color in the United States.