ASSIGNMENT: For this essay, you will select one of the articles provided below and engage in a 2-3 page summary and response dialogue with the source. This will involve providing a detailed summary of the source’s argument and responding to that argument with your position based on the information provided in the source.
Article uploaded as PDF
A. Assignment Guidelines
DIRECTIONS: Refer to the list below throughout the writing process. Do not submit your Touchstone until it meets these guidelines.
1. Article Summary
Have you communicated the source’s purpose?
Have you included all of the source’s main points?
Have you restated the source’s argument in your own words?
2. Article Response
Have you provided your perspective on the source’s argument?
Have you used specific examples from the source to illustrate why you either agree or disagree with the argument?
Have you answered all reflection questions thoughtfully and included insights, observations, and/or examples in all responses?
Are your answers included on a separate page below the main assignment?
B. Reflection Questions
DIRECTIONS: Below your assignment, include answers to all of the following reflection questions.
What ideas originally came to mind when you first read through the article?
Did your initial response to the article change after reading it for a second time? (3-4 sentences)
How does paying attention to the way you respond to a source help you formulate your stance on a topic? (2-3 sentences)
The following requirements must be met for your submission to be graded:
Composition must be 2-3 pages (approximately 500-750 words).
Double-space the composition and use one-inch margins.
Use a readable 12-point font.
All writing must be appropriate for an academic context.
Composition must be original and written for this assignment.
Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
Submission must include your name, the name of the course, the date, and the title of your composition.
Include all of the assignment components in a single file.
Acceptable file formats include .doc and .docx
- Choose any image from any culture and time period that you would like to discuss from a critical perspective.
- These are your required readings for the course and must be taken seriously. It’s like a workbook online but you need to copy and paste the exercises into Word or do them in Word while looking at them. Go to the module link and you must complete all the reflections, activities, case studies, worksheets, videos and readings for full credit. Then put all of that into a Word Document
- Discuss your own physical and cognitive development or you can discuss a sibling’s if you prefer. If you are a parent, you can discuss your child’s as well. All reflections in this course should be a minimum of two-pages, Times New Roman, 12-font size, double-spaced and no title page. Please only add one double-space before and after the title and between paragraphs.
- Determine who wrote the protocol and request an interview with one or more individuals who were involved in developing the protocol. Interview questions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- What role did family ties and structures and professional/social identities like one’s social caste and one’s family rank play in the lives of people in Upper Guinea? In Guinea in general?
- 1-2 page speech about an individual and/or an organization that has worked with others to address a community problem. (ex, health issues, environmental sustainability, political involvement, poverty). speech should identify individual and their efforts to work with others and non-governmental agencies to improve their community.
- In your informed opinion, are vaccine mandates an overreach by employers? Do they violate an employee’s right to privacy? Why or why not? Note — I seek you INFORMED opinion; this is not an opinion paper. Your opinion must be supported by research and include citations to that supporting research.
- Motivation Essay
- Describe a discrimination issue facing your workplace (you can focus on discrimination based on race, religion, ability, national origin, age, sex, etc.)
- Describe something you learned from the reading, something that was confusing, or a question you have in least 15 words (about 1 sentence). (No quote necessary unless you want to include it. 1 point)