Respond to the discussion below by providing an alternative agency that may be appropriate for the identified issue but not necessarily the identified goal.
Social Issue-Developmental Disabilities: The goal of the client is to increase/improve independence in activities of daily living.
My Agency of choice for an alternate referral:
The New Jersey Department of Human Services, Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD). For more information, visit DDDs website www.state.nj.us/humanservices/ddd/services/apply/ or call 1-800-832-9173.
Respond to discussion below:
Discussion Forum: Making a Referral:
The Agency: The Arc of Mercer County (NJ) (https://arcmercer.org/)
What is the intake policy of the agency? Interested individuals should complete a form to request additional information on the website, call the main office to speak with a staff member, or send an email. Depending on which contact method is used, a representative will reach out to answer any questions, and will provide the individual/family with details on how the program can help meet the individuals goals/needs within a 48-hour timeframe, to schedule an interview.
Documents required are:
Medicaid Documentation of Disability
Most recent Psychological Evaluation (IQ score)
All available Psychological Reports
Most recent Child Study Team or school reports
Hospital Records/Discharge Papers
Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy/Speech Therapy Evaluations
What is the approximate wait time for an intake interview? Interested individuals will be contacted within a 48 hour time frame to schedule an initial interview.
What documents will the client need to bring with her or him to the interview? Insurance cards, SSN, Birth certificate, SSI info., updated medical clearances, list of medications, list of all specialists and doctors seen and TB clearance.
What are the costs? Are there alternatives if the client cannot pay up front or in full? Costs for services are covered through Medicaid under the Community Care Program or Supports Program waiver service through the NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities. However, financial eligibility must be confirmed by the Division of Disability Services or the County Board of Social Services in order to qualify for waiver services.
List any issues you would need to share with the client before making a referral the agency. Share your thoughts (positive and negative) regarding the agency.
Positives: The Arc Mercer makes a commitment to its families by developing a broad Family Support program to respond to the needs of families, guardians and caregivers of consumers in Arcs many day programs as well as the Residential and Supported Living programs. The Arc Mercer believes that this must involve the highest levels of trust which can only be achieved through open and honest dialogue with its consumers, and their families or guardians. Arc Mercer Family Support brings together all care stakeholders of their consumers to enrich every aspect of care and service delivery. The Family Support Program emphasizes the need for ongoing, thorough communication with care stakeholders including a policy to ensure response within 24 hours. The Arc Mercer takes a varied approach to providing the necessary support to family members and caregivers including input and contributions from Arc Mercer caregivers and family members is essential in program development to ensure that as an agency they are meeting the needs of their clients.
Negatives: The application process takes 3-6 months depending on how quickly the doctors appointments, clearances and scripts can be obtained.
- Discussion 4: Food Disparity
- Evaluate and critique Pope John Paul II based on the materials read. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ADHERE TO THE ATTACHED PDF CONTAINING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO WRITE THE PAPER. The attached PDF will show you how to adhere to its instruction regarding formatting and constructing an incisive thesis sentence, with each paragraph presenting one main point defending the thesis.
- gential pain and itching
- Define the factors from case#3 that played a role in each of the three groups. Research outside of the textbook is required for this assignment to obtain in depth information from this incident you must include in your paper. Make sure to include a works cited page following MLA formatting
- The Equal Rights Amendment was first proposed almost a century ago and has still not been added to the United States Constitution.
- In this assignment, you will create an annotated bibliography consisting of seven sources. Each entry will consist of a reference list citation, a summary of the sources information, and a one-sentence assessment. Each annotation should be between 150 to 200 words.
- A cornerstone of learning juvenile justice includes understanding the difference in treatment of juveniles who enter the system versus adults who enter the system. Initially, protective rights were not extended to juveniles. However, through the process of appeal and evaluation by The Supreme Court, juveniles were extended many of the same rights and protections given to adults who came into the formal legal system. Read Kent v US and write a legal brief. A legal brief requires the following: the case title, statement of the issue of the case, the details of the case background, and the way in which the court ruled, with an explanation supporting that ruling. Two pages are required in APA format to include a title page, in-text citations, and a reference page.
- Explain strategies for managing human and financial resources to promote organizational health. Explain how the interdisciplinary plan could be implemented and how the human and financial resources would be managed.
- Research the company on its own website, public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page, Strayer University’s online databases, Strayer University’s Lexis Advance database, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions. Use the Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness Template [DOCX] to ensure that your assignment meets the requirements.
- Why is a practical, working knowledge of the law important to the security manager and how does it impact their capabilities and services? Although insurance can never be a substitute for a comprehensive security program, what are its primary roles and functions related to security management?