It is anticipated that the initial discussion response should be in the range of 250-300 words. Response posts must demonstrate topic knowledge and scholarly engagement with peers. This is not the only criteria utilized for evaluation; substantive content is imperative. All questions in the topic must be addressed. Please proofread your response carefully for grammar and spelling. Do not upload any attachments. All responses need to be supported by a minimum of one scholarly resource. Journals and websites must be cited appropriately. Citation and reference must adhere to APA format.
Case #1: A 64-year-old man presents to the emergency department with abdominal pain and distention, as well as constipation of 8 days duration. He denies vomiting, fever, diarrhea, or dysuria. Except for hypertension, he is otherwise healthy with no prior surgeries.
His vital signs are normal except for a borderline pulse of 99 bpm. His physical examination is unremarkable except for his abdomen, which is large, rotund, and tympanitic. There is diffuse tenderness everywhere in the abdomen.
What history would you want to obtain?
What differential diagnoses would you consider?
List and describe the specific diagnostic tests you might order to determine cause of his concern?
Kyle is a 58-year-old man who is experiencing lower abdominal discomfort nausea and diarrhea lasting 2 days. He thought he had eaten something that disturbed his stomach but since this has lasted so long, he is afraid its something serious.
As you obtain a history from this patient what differential diagnoses are you considering. Give rational for your choices.
Discuss the pathophysiologic relationship between nausea and vomiting?
Three days after Kyle’s initial visit his labs confirmed a diagnosis of cirrhosis.
Discuss the pathophysiologic relationship between cirrhosis and portal hypertension.
Cite current research findings, national guidelines, and expert opinions and controversies found in the medical and nursing literature to support your position and suggestions.
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the students position.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
- Write a paper that explores a cultural event or product related to education and African American life.
- Compare the similarities and differences between Islam, Judaism, and Christianity.
- If you were a researher, what population would you like to study?
- Which era was the most significant in terms of scientific and intellectual achievement and why?
- Discuss The Benefits of Therapy Animal Use in Healthcare.
- Explain how you believe the courts decision played a role in policy changes.
- Write a formal persuasive e-mail to a community leader to address a social concern.
- Discuss related challenges faced by social workers who serve the identified special population and its related field of practice.
- Explain and evaluate the article based on the criteria of clearness and the scientific method, as discussed in lectures.
- To what degree or under what circumstances should an individual rebel against, rather than conform to, society?