Continue exploring the cultural group you selected in papers 1, 2, and 3. In Paper 4, you will be exploring art, play, and leisure for the same cultural group you selected. Your paper must answer the following:
1. Provide a title to your paper; the title must include the name of the cultural group selected.
2. Research the selected cultural groups art (you can pick from ONE of the following: music, painting, crafts, or dance).
Which type of art did you pick and why?
What are some of the characteristics of the form of art you picked for your selected cultural group?
How is your selected groups culture expressed in this type of art?
3. Research play and leisure for your selected cultural group.
How does the cultural group you selected spend free time (leisure)?
What are some of the forms of entertainment (games, fun activities) your cultural group does? Describe one.
How is culture reflected in those play and leisure activities? Remember to mention any differences in these activities by gender, age or other microculture.
4. How are art, play, and leisure in your selected group changing (or being changed) through globalization?
5. How can anthropologists work to help this population preserve some of these practices? Search for information on what anthropologists are doing to help this population regarding the aspects you discussed, and what are the gaps (what is still missing that anthropologists can still work on to meet the needs of this group).
Include citations from the Miller textbook and a minimum of one NEW peer-reviewed journal article within the last 10 years (the articles from the previous assignments are not enough). Remember to write in your own words by interpreting what you read and citing the source. Avoid long direct quotes. Avoid plagiarism by always citing your sources.
Short paper format:
All short papers should have a title, an introduction, a conclusion, and a References Cited page. All papers in the course must be:
font size 12
written with proper grammar and syntax
in American Sociological Association (ASA) citation and reference style.
- Beauty comes in all forms. It is a social idea, a point of view. Research ” beauty” in different time periods and/ or different cultures and analyze why these constructs were or are considered beautiful, decipher reasons. Identify the time period with historical or cultural context.
- After you have watched the videos, choose one of the three companies. In a double-spaced MS Word document (400-600 words), explain how the company you chose strategizes to increase sales by leveraging each link in the Service-Profit Chain. What sales and sevice model(s) do they utlize? Use what you have learned in your course materials, the videos, and any additional research you conduct. Remember to cite your resources using in-text citations and provide a reference list.
- The elements of Use Case diagram include actors, use cases, subject boundaries, and a set of relationships among actors which may include extends and generalization.
- Inasmuch as the US GPS system is daily linked to private and public enterprises, should it be specifically designated as part of our country’s infrastructure? Why or why not? (Provide your reasoning). If you believe that it should, how should it be controlled? (provide your reasoning)
- Review the tsunami basics video included in the previous module to understand the signs of an approaching tsunami.
- How do sexual and gender biases impact the delivery of social services (include health care) to your clients? Based on what you read in the units resources and your experience to date, what do you believe is a successful strategy for dealing with such biases?
- Control of Global Business
- Think about what you have read in the units resources. Identify 1 common theme about social work practice from an international perspective that is important to you as a social worker.
- Determine topic and search for resources – do not finalize that topic until you’ve found at least four strong, academic, sources. Two resources to consider as a place to get started are:
- To what degree are the organization’s strategic and operational decisions affected by conflict and politics?