Pick 2 Prompts
This SPW requires some cooperation for completion, and with more cooperation, the more possible points.
To complete this assignment please respond to the following prompts in a single post. Then, respond to any other students post (though, try to respond to those without any responses first, of course).
Prompts Choose 1:
– What, according to Klein is among the major reasons for climate change denial by Republicans and other conservatives? What is it that they fear about “the climate-change hoax?” What about this conservative story regarding climate change does Klein believe is correct? (Note: not all conservatives or Republicans deny climate change.)
– In the later portions of the essay (21ff) Klein references research that tries to understand why people may deny the realities laid out by science. What do you think of this explanation? What does this help Klein see as particularly dangerous about climate change denial (25)?
What are the concerns that Klein raises about the strategies of the major (large scale) environmental organizations in relation to this form of climate denial?
– Identify 2 of the 6 ways that responding to climate change raises concerns for conservatives, according to Klein, and try to explain how responding appropriately to the realities of climate change poses a threat to conservative ideologies. Do you agree?
- Select one of the following foreign countries: China, Germany, Japan, Mexico or the United Kingdom, and provide a country profile discussing the topics outlined below.
- How do these features work together to affect the outputs? In other words, if you were to change a process or an input, how would it change the output (if at all)?
- Community Resources
- Conduct a brief case study analysis of an example of plagiarism and/or intellectual property theft from the Internet (a different example from the three identified for the discussion assignment).
- Consider the numerous scientifically supported strategies for intervening on prejudice and discrimination from the Reducing Discrimination reading. Share your reflections on what methods you think might work to combat this form of stereotyping, prejudice, or discrimination.
- Connect each observation to concepts in the class (e.g., stereotyping, prejudice, discrimination, microaggressions). For example, was this observation related to stereotyping, prejudice, or both? Was it ambiguous or difficult to identify as discrimination, prejudice, or stereotyping?
- What Did the Reformation Mean to Peasants?
- Policy Observation
- CASE STUDY NUMBNESS AND PAIN
- Research the different psychological disorders that have been identified and select 3 that you find most interesting. Now you will provide a summary of each disorder you selected and explain why you selected each one. How does ones behavior play a role in the 3 disorders you selected? Is this disorder easily noticeable by others? Why or why not? ( 200 words )