As we sit behind our computers, socially distanced, and muffled by masks–Whitman shows us how we remain connected, whether we realize it or not. He acknowledges his poem as a “barbaric yawp” shouted out across the expanse, hoping to find some unseen listener, to know that we are not alone.
After reading the poem and watching the Yawp video, your assignment is to record your barbaric yawp, and post it in the board. If you would like to earn +5 points extra credit in the class, post your yawp on this page,
Here, I am gathering yawps and will continue to do so in the coming years. You all are my first class–but you aren’t the first yawps! I encourage you to be creative. At the very least, a Yawp should be spirited.
- The Universe’s Secrets: The James Webb Space Telescope Research
- Celebrating Cultural Diversity: An Exploration of Traditional African Dance in NYC Essay
- Enhancing Kindergarten Science Education Outline
- Navigating the Complexities of End-of-Life Care Research
- Navigating Japan’s Demographic Crisis Essay
- Cognitive Psychology: Evolution, Major Theories, and Impact on Modern Understanding Essay
- The Impact of Non-Diegetic Score on Mood in ‘The Shawshank Redemption Essay
- The Role of Government in Providing Goods and Services Essay
- Government Access to Encrypted Devices and Personal Communications in the Digital Age Research
- NAICS System Principles and Their Impact on Marketing and Economic Analysis Research