As we sit behind our computers, socially distanced, and muffled by masks–Whitman shows us how we remain connected, whether we realize it or not. He acknowledges his poem as a “barbaric yawp” shouted out across the expanse, hoping to find some unseen listener, to know that we are not alone.
After reading the poem and watching the Yawp video, your assignment is to record your barbaric yawp, and post it in the board. If you would like to earn +5 points extra credit in the class, post your yawp on this page,
Here, I am gathering yawps and will continue to do so in the coming years. You all are my first class–but you aren’t the first yawps! I encourage you to be creative. At the very least, a Yawp should be spirited.
- Write a paper providing an explanation of what constitutes a revolution.
- Write a paper providing an explanation of Kenya’s healthcare financing mechanisms.
- Compose an essay providing an extended definition of the word “hope.”
- Write a paper providing an explanation of what the word “yawl” means.
- Explain how Senator Joseph McCarthy defined communist nations within the speech.
- What is the Relationship Between African American Kindergarten Student’s Behavior and Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS) Implementation?
- What are 3 areas of biology that is being researched in genetic engineering?
- Describe your interest in becoming a nurse practitioner in the field of psychiatry?
- What are some safety factors for older persons that you should discuss in your study paper?
- Write a Four page report explaining how Andy Longclaw became a leader of his work group.