As we sit behind our computers, socially distanced, and muffled by masks–Whitman shows us how we remain connected, whether we realize it or not. He acknowledges his poem as a “barbaric yawp” shouted out across the expanse, hoping to find some unseen listener, to know that we are not alone.
After reading the poem and watching the Yawp video, your assignment is to record your barbaric yawp, and post it in the board. If you would like to earn +5 points extra credit in the class, post your yawp on this page,
Here, I am gathering yawps and will continue to do so in the coming years. You all are my first class–but you aren’t the first yawps! I encourage you to be creative. At the very least, a Yawp should be spirited.
- What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?
- Do you agree with President Jackson’s conclusions of the necessity for an Indian Removal Policy?
- Is it possible to teach someone to love reading?
- Why is the murder of Lady Macduff and her dramatically necessary? Consider what the murder reveals about Macbeth and the effect the murder has/will have on Macduff and other noblemen.
- Bail Trap by Nick Pinto
- Management Control Report
- How would you solve the moral dilemma of Janet Moore? Try to put yourself in her place. What would you decide and why? Explain the reasons for your decision carefully.
- Project purpose idea: neighborhood community board assessing the risks involved if Con Edison continues with a (specific) project. Transition Risk being the focus- economic losses from a business changing policies and production to more energy efficient methods
- Animal parts used in Fashion industry or Fashion buisness and affecting animal welfare and ethics
- Analysis of W T. Stead’s The Maiden Tribute