The summative assessment will be a 2,000-word report. You will review a major incident or public health issue and critically analyse and evaluate the role of the paramedic, recommendations from an incident or public health issue and consider the impact on your and future professional Paramedic practice
Develop and consolidate students knowledge and understanding of their role in public health, resilience and emergency preparedness.
Learning Outcomes: Personal & Transferable
Report writing skills to provide a succinct analysis and implications for practice from a professional perspective.
Research, Knowledge & Cognitive Skills
Critically engage and evaluate appropriate reports, literature, and policy from a range of sources to explore the skills, knowledge and professional issues for practice.
Engage and comment on appropriate evidence and report on implications for professional practice.
Triage systems at major incidents
Role of the paramedic in a major incident
Role of specialist teams in major incidents
Communication during a major incident
Business continuity, escalation, and resilience plans
Role of the paramedic in public health
Role of the paramedic in health promotion
This report will assess your ability to:
Critically evaluate the role of the paramedic at their selected incident/public health issue.
Reflect and evaluate the impact of their chosen major incident or public health issue or campaign on their future practice.
Utilise appropriate sources to support your work.
Adhere to the School of Health & Life Sciences guidance for report
writing, presentation and referencing.
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the global financial market or in various countries.
- Discuss the implications these laws and/or regulations have on the business environment.
- Does the number of lies Stephanie Ericsson outlines in The Ways We Lie help or hurt her argument?
- Explain how the conversation change when discerning between acute vs chronic pain?
- Write a report on “business/ credit cycle” based from these two videos : Fear the boom and bust: Keynes vs Hayek and Friedrick Hayek The Road to Serfdom (Episode #139).
- Identify the typical Western Hero Archetype and then explain how your selected Eastern Hero differs from the typical Western Hero Archetype.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Integrated Evidence-Based Practice
- Write a program for NASA that will determine if the weather conditions are favorable for launch of a new rocket. It should ask the user for the sustained wind speed and the current daily temperature. If the wind speed is above 30 mph or if the daily temperature is below 41 degrees F, then output that the launch must be aborted. Otherwise, output that the rocket is go for launch! Save the program as RocketLaunch.java.
- Compare and Contrast American, European, and Japanese Approaches to Quality Management