In social psychology and criminology, groupthink is a powerful motivator behind peoples behaviors and explains a lot of problematic thinking in group settings. To get a better understand of how groupthink works, examine a case study and explore how groupthink influences behavior in the scenario.
Choose 1 of these 3 examples of groupthink or select an instructor-approved topic:
United States Capital Attack 2021
Pearl Harbor (pg. 435 in textbook)
Bay of Pigs (pg. 435 in textbook)
Vietnam War (pg. 435 in textbook)
Since groupthink is an important principle of social psychology, analyze the historical scenario carefully and identify how groupthink impacted the situation.
The issues of groupthink that may become problematic are a lack of reasoning to see different sides of an issue; the indisputable belief that the group is morally right; others involved with differing opinions are seen through stereotyping; other views within the group are shut down. Members of the group are all seen as in agreement.
Write a 500- to 750-word analysis of how groupthink occurred in the situation you chose. Address the following questions:
What social psychology principles can you identify in the historical event you chose?
How did groupthink occur in your historical scenario?
What was the prevailing group thinking during the situation?
Who was the group?
What were the negative outcomes related to groupthink?
How does groupthink turn criminal, especially in the historical event you chose?
Cite at least 2 sources to support your assignment.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
Center for Writing Excellence
Reference and Citation Generator
- Literary Analysis-The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time-Course Project Novel
- What are the health promotion strategies available to support parents and students to take up the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccine and what is the impact on the uptake of the vaccine?
- Discuss your devotion to your fitness plan. Do you think it is a plan you can do for a lifetime?
- Government Essay
- How appropriate and clear is the title of the article?
- English Paper on Understanding learning styles and how that relates to college students
- Select a text, author, or important concept that we have discussed in Pride and Prejudice; locate at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed article or book chapter, written since 2013. Analyze the authors main claims, the kinds of evidence they use to support those claims, how this article shapes your reading of the course text(s), and how it engages with other research and readings you have done to date.
- Complete a research paper that focuses on the district you attended in high school. Revisit your philosophy of teaching statement. The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate understandings of the social, political, and economic forces that impact teaching and learning by focusing on the specific district that you attended high school. The paper should be 7-8 pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font, 1-inch margins.
- Spatial correlation and drivers of industrial pollution discharge in Africa
- Analyze the short story and then come up with an argumentative thesis statement of 1-2 sentences.