Strategic management includes an analysis of a business’s current state. Continuing with your research of Caterpillar, Inc., you will leverage the business SWOT tool to identify and drive organizational strategic decision making and evaluate problem-solving strategies for the company.
Review the Strategic Management Project Background document.
Create a Word doc and title it Strategic Management Research Journal Part 2. (Be sure to download and follow the template that I provided for you in your welcome message. Use a Title page and a References page with at least three references. No running head is required, but do use headings to separate portions of your paper, and remember to cite your sources in the main body of your paper). Please no abbreviated bullet or numbered lists, express yourself in full paragraphs that are 3-5 sentences in length. Include your SWOT Chart as a figure in your paper, or upload together with your paper as a separate document.
Write a 350- to 525-word response to the following prompts in your journal entry:
1. Conduct a SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis of Caterpillar, Inc. Each SWOT quadrant must contain 7-10 items, (this is not included in the 525-word count).
2. Analyze Caterpillar’s strengths and include specific examples based on your SWOT analysis findings.
3. Evaluate the weaknesses and threats for any common themes that might be a risk.
4. Compare Caterpillar’s weaknesses against its opportunities.
5. Propose problem-solving strategies to address Caterpillar’s weaknesses or threats that could be mitigated by a business opportunity or business decision.
Note: You will use information from this entry in your presentation due in week 5.
Submit your assignment.
o Wk 2 Learn activity “SWOT can be a Picnic.”
o Center for Writing Excellence
o Reference and Citaticixon Generator
o Grammar and Writing Guides
- analyze how the characters Meshulam, Asa Heshel, Abram, Rosa Frumetl, Adele, and Hadassah each grapple with the theme of the pull of secularism and modernity vs. the adherence to strict religiosity and tradition. supported by evidence.
- Explain the occupation’s function and importance to the criminal justice system. Select an agency that utilizes the occupation and explore the job requirements and duties.
- Major Social Issues Plaguing the African American Community
- The Theatre of Ritual
- Using current demographic data to make predictions about political behavior, analyze how to advise any racial/ethnic subgroup examined in this course on how to effectively participate in politics at the national, state, county, or local levels.
- Discuss what you would consider when writing a cybersecurity policy for a toy building block business with a multi-billion-dollar annual profit. Describe your business. Give your business a creative name.
- Review the agenda priorities of the current/sitting U.S. president and at least one previous presidential administration.
- Explain the economic conditions of the country and how this affects retirement according to the article.
- Annotated Bibliography (Real Estate career)
- Read chaps 4-7 in Douglass and answer the short questions