The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate the financial condition and performance of the firm you and your CLC group members have selected for analysis.
Refer to Tables A-1 through A-5 in Appendix II of the text for the operational definitions of and formulas for numerous common financial ratios, including profitability, liquidity, leverage, activity, and shareholders’ return. Using these formulas, complete at least one ratio from each of the five categories, though you may apply as many of the ratios for which you can find the required information in the firm’s financial reports. On your calculations page, specify for which formulas you are solving.
In an assessment of approximately 750 words, address the following:
Determine which of the ratios provide the most key insights into the firm’s current level of performance. How can you assess whether the results of your calculations are positive or negative? Explain which of the ratios give you reason to be concerned with the organization’s current strategy and why.
The Organizational and Operational Plans assignment references the possible benefits and risks of forming a strategic alliance. What would be the risks of forming a strategic alliance in terms of the firm’s profitability ratios? Which of those five ratios is most likely to reveal immediate information for analysis of the alliance’s effectiveness?
Considering today’s financial climate, how likely is it that the organization could acquire the capital necessary to support an aggressive value-enhancement strategy? From where would that capital originate? Compared to current interest rates, what do you believe is a realistic interest rate the firm might incur? Which of the liquidity ratios will be impacted by the influx of capital, if borrowed?
Organizational Performance (B)
Strategic Alliance (B)
Thesis Development and Purpose
Argument Logic and Construction
Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use)
Paper Format (use of appropriate style for the major and assignment)
Documentation of Sources
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the global financial market or in various countries.
- Discuss the implications these laws and/or regulations have on the business environment.
- Does the number of lies Stephanie Ericsson outlines in The Ways We Lie help or hurt her argument?
- Explain how the conversation change when discerning between acute vs chronic pain?
- Write a report on “business/ credit cycle” based from these two videos : Fear the boom and bust: Keynes vs Hayek and Friedrick Hayek The Road to Serfdom (Episode #139).
- Identify the typical Western Hero Archetype and then explain how your selected Eastern Hero differs from the typical Western Hero Archetype.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Integrated Evidence-Based Practice
- Write a program for NASA that will determine if the weather conditions are favorable for launch of a new rocket. It should ask the user for the sustained wind speed and the current daily temperature. If the wind speed is above 30 mph or if the daily temperature is below 41 degrees F, then output that the launch must be aborted. Otherwise, output that the rocket is go for launch! Save the program as RocketLaunch.java.
- Compare and Contrast American, European, and Japanese Approaches to Quality Management