A literature review (LR) provides an overview of past and present peer-reviewed research on a specific topic. Peer-reviewed research has been critically evaluated, classified, and compared to other related published research. LR’s allow the author to synthesize and place into context what is known and what is unknown about a particular topic.
Your LR will provide an overview of Informatics research that you are interested in.
Use the following instructions to help you complete your LR.
Literature Review Paper (LR) Instructions
The LR will be completed using academic writing to review any nursing informatics topic which interests you & should include the following criteria:
Title (Cover) page APA 7th ed formatted
Running head from p2 on
Introduction: Defines the topic and sets the context for the literature review, including the author’s perspective or point of view on the topic, how they have defined the scope of the topic (including what’s not included), and how the review will be organized. It can point out overall trends, conflicts in methodology or conclusions, and gaps in the research.
Body (content) of LR: A literature review should include analysis of three (3) or more scholarly evidence-based articles organized into major topics and subtopics. These groupings may be by subject, (e.g., globalization of Nursing Informatics), type of research (e.g., case studies), methodology (e.g., qualitative), genre, chronology, or other common characteristics. Within these groups, the author can then discuss the merits of each article and provide analysis and comparison of the importance of each article to similar ones as they relate to your topic.
Conclusion of the main findings. The conclusion makes clear how this review of the literature supports (or not) the research to follow, and may point the direction for further research. The conclusion can point out overall trends, conflicts in methodology or conclusions, and gaps in the research.
Reference page: 3 or more references, APA 7th edition formatted.
Length of LR: 2-5 pages, not including Title & Reference pages.
- Write an essay on “what are current HR problems in this organization?”
- Explain and evaluate the impact of standards and regulations on the management of health information.
- What is the issue with abortion right now in terms of public health?
- Discuss what you will gain from an education at the UCSF School of Pharmacy that might be unique from other schools you are considering.
- Describe how your personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals.
- Explain how local governments can collaborate and continue to provide quality public services?
- Explain the biological (genetic and neuroscientific); psychological (behavioral and cognitive processes, emotional, developmental); and social, cultural, and interpersonal factors that influence the development of psychopathology.
- Explain how your educational, employment or other extracurricular experiences have provided you an opportunity to actively engage with diverse populations and/or address health disparities.
- What are the precipitating factors found in those that commit acts of mass violence.
- Discuss Synthetic Marijuana and Hallucinogens such as K2, Ecstasy, Molly.