Unit VI Scholarly Activity
Prepare a Research Proposal
Imagine that you are preparing a research proposal for an experimental study comparing the effectiveness of flu shots versus vitamin supplements for reducing individual instances of flu during one winter season. In your research proposal, you should:
PSY 3305, Research Methods In Psychology 4
develop a hypothesis,
write the method section of your proposal,
include a description of your subjects,
include how they will be recruited,
determine how they will be assigned to treatment and control groups or conditions, identify your independent and dependent variables, and
describe the procedure you will apply to collect the data.
Be sure to include a discussion on how you would make your data collection blinded.
Refer to the Presenting Results: APA-Style Reports and Conference Posters section at the end of your textbook to see what a method section looks like. Utilize Table 11.1 in Chapter 11 to make sure that your design is effective.
Your paper should be at least two pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. A minimum of two sources must be used, one of which may include the textbook. Your paper must be in APA style format.
- Compare and contrast the difference between laptops and desktop computers.
- Describe the most challenging obstacle you have had to overcome or a risk that you have taken and explain its impact (positive or negative) on you and what you have learned from the experience.
- Explain the difference between the common misconception of the term negative reinforcement and how the science of behavior analysis defines it.
- Write a review on why the legalization of marijuana in several states is forcing many police leaders to modify their views and practices regarding its use.
- Does doing homework actually help students learn more?
- Write a research paper on playground bullying and its effects on young children.
- Write a paper that are able to manage the risks presented when balancing individual rights and professional duty of care.
- What can you learn from this primary source about German attitudes towards violence and warfare, and/or the plight of the Nazis perceived enemies?
- Describe both the state and federal court system and explain the benefits of having a dual-court system in America?
- Describe demographic characteristics for your community or state in terms of demographic makeup, ethnicity, and illness and health status.