Complete the following:
Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of broadbanding as a compensation plan.
Conclude your essay by explaining your position on whether you think broadbanding can be successfully competitive in your current or previous work environment, and provide supporting reasons for your position. How might broadbanding help with being successfully competitive compared to alternative salary structure ranges that might be used?
Be sure to use proper APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Competency 2: Evaluate the components and implementation of base-pay programs.
Analyze advantages of broadbanding as a salary structure in a compensation plan.
Analyze disadvantages of broadbanding as a salary structure in a compensation plan.
Explain whether or not broadbanding can be successfully competitive in a work environment.
U.S. Office of Personnel Management. (n.d.). Classifying general schedule positions. http://www.opm.gov/fedclass/html/gsclass.asp
U.S. Office of Personnel Management. (2019, October). Salaries and wages: Salary table 2019-GS. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2019/general-schedule/
This website provides an example of a salary structure in the public sector. Step 1 is the minimum and Step 10 is the maximum in each salary grade.
Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Human Resource Management. (n.d.). Employee compensation. http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov
This website provides an example of a salary structure in the public sector.
Gerhart, B., & Newman, J. M. (2020). Compensation (13th ed.). McGraw-Hill. Available in the courserocixom via the VitalSource Bookshelf link.
- What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?
- Do you agree with President Jackson’s conclusions of the necessity for an Indian Removal Policy?
- Is it possible to teach someone to love reading?
- Why is the murder of Lady Macduff and her dramatically necessary? Consider what the murder reveals about Macbeth and the effect the murder has/will have on Macduff and other noblemen.
- Bail Trap by Nick Pinto
- Management Control Report
- How would you solve the moral dilemma of Janet Moore? Try to put yourself in her place. What would you decide and why? Explain the reasons for your decision carefully.
- Project purpose idea: neighborhood community board assessing the risks involved if Con Edison continues with a (specific) project. Transition Risk being the focus- economic losses from a business changing policies and production to more energy efficient methods
- Animal parts used in Fashion industry or Fashion buisness and affecting animal welfare and ethics
- Analysis of W T. Stead’s The Maiden Tribute