Complete the following:
Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of broadbanding as a compensation plan.
Conclude your essay by explaining your position on whether you think broadbanding can be successfully competitive in your current or previous work environment, and provide supporting reasons for your position. How might broadbanding help with being successfully competitive compared to alternative salary structure ranges that might be used?
Be sure to use proper APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Competency 2: Evaluate the components and implementation of base-pay programs.
Analyze advantages of broadbanding as a salary structure in a compensation plan.
Analyze disadvantages of broadbanding as a salary structure in a compensation plan.
Explain whether or not broadbanding can be successfully competitive in a work environment.
U.S. Office of Personnel Management. (n.d.). Classifying general schedule positions. http://www.opm.gov/fedclass/html/gsclass.asp
U.S. Office of Personnel Management. (2019, October). Salaries and wages: Salary table 2019-GS. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2019/general-schedule/
This website provides an example of a salary structure in the public sector. Step 1 is the minimum and Step 10 is the maximum in each salary grade.
Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Human Resource Management. (n.d.). Employee compensation. http://www.dhrm.virginia.gov
This website provides an example of a salary structure in the public sector.
Gerhart, B., & Newman, J. M. (2020). Compensation (13th ed.). McGraw-Hill. Available in the courserocixom via the VitalSource Bookshelf link.
- Discuss about an issue concerning a current social issue or modern technology and write an essay in which you take a position on that issue.
- Identify the three essential elements to management, maintaining a balance between the current culture, and improving relationships to minimize resistance to change.
- Explain how the Act of God doctrine, can be used to eliminate liability in contracts for failure to perform.
- What experiences have you had working with children with psychological difficulties?
- Identify measures to assist the individual to achieve the tasks of his/her stage of development.
- Discuss and analyse the Trifler letters to the serialized articles on natural philosophy and history.
- Do you agree with the concept that individuals self-medicate in relation to stress, coping, and substance-related and addictive disorders?
- Discuss nation-states in the world today, and different types of political institutions are spread among them.
- Summarize, analyze, and discuss some of the key aspects of that Compliance Program Manual, and how some of those key aspects relate to promoting product safety and efficacy.
- Explain how to reduce the use of excessive police force that especially targets communities of color in the United States.