Students will create a two-part 1200-word (combined) analysis of visual arguments. Each part does not need to be exactly 400 words; Part A could be 700 words, and Part B could be 500, for instance. Include the websites’ URLs in your analyses, so sources can be reviewed.
A. Evaluate Visual Arguments using questions in Questions to Ask While Reading Visual Arguments
Does the argument target a specific audience?
Is the claim clearly stated in the images, the layout, and/or included text ?
do you detect any bias or stereotypes based on gender, religion, nationality, economic class, or ethnicity? Are you being asked as a reader/viewer to identify with any of these biases?
What assumptions doe the argument make about either the target audience of the claim itself?
Is the argument relying on facts or on emotion to make its claim? Are patriotic or religious icons or symbols used in order to get your attention or to claim affiliation with the reader/viewer?
What is not in the image? Are only certain genders, races, or economic backgrounds included?
B. Do another internet search to find advertisements, preferably on an entire ad campaign. Evaluate the ad or ad campaign using questions in Questions to Ask While Reading an Advertisement
How is the information about the product conveyed?
is there any text, or is the entire ad visual?
Who is the target audience for the product? Male or female, rich or poor, young or old?
Can you quickly tell what product or service is being advertised?
Is the ad part of a larger campaign?
What strategy is used to sell the product or service? Bandwagon? Celebrity endorsement? Company credibility? Offers to make you rich, thin, beautiful, insert adjective here ___?
Does it appeal primarily with facts, emotions, or credibility?
And, finally, do you believe the claicixms made in the advertisement?
- Write a paper providing an explanation of Kenya’s healthcare financing mechanisms.
- Compose an essay providing an extended definition of the word “hope.”
- Write a paper providing an explanation of what the word “yawl” means.
- Explain how Senator Joseph McCarthy defined communist nations within the speech.
- What is the Relationship Between African American Kindergarten Student’s Behavior and Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS) Implementation?
- What are 3 areas of biology that is being researched in genetic engineering?
- Describe your interest in becoming a nurse practitioner in the field of psychiatry?
- What are some safety factors for older persons that you should discuss in your study paper?
- Write a Four page report explaining how Andy Longclaw became a leader of his work group.
- Write a research paper that explains the Reconstruction Era in San Antonio following the Civil War.