Read Daniel Dennett: Where Am I?
View: Where is Dennett?
Please, thoughtfully and thoroughly answer any 3 of the following 5 questions. Answer a 4th one for extra credit. Most of the questions have several parts, make sure you answer every part.
Additionally, please comment at least 2 peers posts. Ideally, choose peers with a different perspective or that answered a different question. Make sure your comments are thoughtful, detailed, and include explanation. They should not be vague, unspecific, or filled with platitudes like “good job”, “we answered the same”, “that’s interesting”, “good point”, etc. If you do say, “I agree / disagree make sure you explain why AND explain your own perspective.
A completed discussion includes answers to at least 3 of the 5 questions and responses to 2 peers.
After Dennett wakes up from the first operation, he comes up with 3 possibilities to explain where he is. Where do you think Dennett is at this point in the story? Explain and support your answer.
After the underground accident, Dennett has a second operation. When he wakes up, he learns what happened to Hamlet and makes a new discovery. Where do you think Dennett is at this point in the story? Explain and support your answer.
At the end of the story, Yorick and Hubert get out of sync. Where do you think Dennett is at this point in the story? Explain and support your answer.
What parts (original body, original brain, new body, computer brain) are required for Dennett to be Dennett. Explain and support your answer.
- Write about Green HRM- Its role in organizational sustainability: Recent research and knowledge emerging in this field.
- Describe the operations that the international firm seeks to perform in a NEW host country (manufacturing, joint venture, or exporting from the home country) and the competition the firm would face there.
- What are some of the opportunities missed in the case?
- Discuss which may be more cost effective vs. which may serve more people.
- Discuss how the quote applies to the main concept being explained in your response.
- Discuss about why a particular situation or setting might call for one type of software over another.
- Describe how classroom evaluation is different from clinical evaluation.
- Can you apply the concepts in the reading to a career in public health?
- What are your strategies for promoting equity in evaluation?
- What was successful and unsuccessful about those responses?