Week 3 Assignment – The Courts Function & Role
The purpose of this assignment is to use the knowledge you have gained in the first three weeks of this course and apply it by explaining the function of the Courts in the US and the court systems role in government, law, and society.
Complete the Week 3 Assignment Template to address the following:
The three branches of government are sometimes described as a three-legged stool that stabilizes the government. Explain what is meant by that statement and what would happen if one leg of the stool were not functioning, using specific details or examples.
Discuss why judicial review is important, using specific details or examples.
Provide an example of a Supreme Court decision that affects our society today and explain its impact using specific details, and cite your source(s).
Provide an example of a Federal Court decision that impacts individual states and explain its impact using specific details, and cite your source(s).
Because no two state constitutions or legislative bodies are alike, it is not surprising that the jurisdictions of State Courts vary from one state to another. Discuss the impact this has on society in states where crimes are not processed equally, using specific details or examples, and cite your source(s).
Sources and Formatting
Use at least two sources to support your writing. Your textbook may be used as one reference source and can be used more than once in your responses. Cite each reference in-text citations and include your resources on the Sources page.
For help with research, writing, and citation, access the Library or review the SOC205 Library Guide.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
Course Learning Outcomes and Skills
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
Explain the function of the American court system in its operational role within the government, the rule of law, and society.
In this assignment, you will practice the following skills:
Problem Solving: The ability to identify and frame problems, explore ideas, and create effective, ethical, and evidence-based solutions.
Agility: Theability to grow, effectively adapt, and recover in a continually changing environment to achieve desired results.
Initiative: The ability to recognize what needs tobe doneand to take action without being prompted in order to improve a circumstance or create a new one.
Self and Social Awareness: The ability to recognize thoughts, emotions, intentions, and bias of oneself and others and use that information to identify impacts on others, receive feedback, reflect, and guide ones growth and development.
- What are some considerations for substance abuse treatment with older adult populations?
- Discuss copyright law Amendments in Africa : A comparative study of fair use provisions.
- Examine the key factors related to retirement.
- Write a Research on content production and dissemination mechanisms in the digital media era
- Write an essay Exploring the efficacy of mindfulness based interventions in reducing burnout among nursing staff.
- Discuss Truman Doctrine With the Homo bureacraticus decision-making model.
- Can you think of anything that could have made the experience better for the patient and/or family?
- What other options could the IC have implemented to establish a water supply to support the fire flow for this incident?
- Create a 3-5 page submission in congestive heart failure.