For this assignment, you will write a memorandum for senior management on your findings of a potential profits forecast you will conduct. The forecasting exercise should be included as an appendix at the end of your memo.
Week 2 Assignment Excel File.xlsxDownload Week 2 Assignment Excel File.xlsx
Forecasting Exercise: Using the attached excel template (above) with actual profits included, you will assume the role of operations manager for the XYZ Manufacturing Company. Use the moving average method to forecast/calculate the quarterly average profit and to analyze future cost for the company for the next three years.
Once your forecasts are complete, in a memorandum for senior management, detail the following:
Describe your nave method approach to forecasting and explain how moving averages are valid.
Describe what your forecasts for the next three years for the XYZ Manufacturing Company show.
Include your forecast calculations in an appendix at the end of your memorandum.
Use APA Style formatting as appropriate; however, this is meant to be a professional document.
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the global financial market or in various countries.
- Discuss the implications these laws and/or regulations have on the business environment.
- Does the number of lies Stephanie Ericsson outlines in The Ways We Lie help or hurt her argument?
- Explain how the conversation change when discerning between acute vs chronic pain?
- Write a report on “business/ credit cycle” based from these two videos : Fear the boom and bust: Keynes vs Hayek and Friedrick Hayek The Road to Serfdom (Episode #139).
- Identify the typical Western Hero Archetype and then explain how your selected Eastern Hero differs from the typical Western Hero Archetype.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Integrated Evidence-Based Practice
- Write a program for NASA that will determine if the weather conditions are favorable for launch of a new rocket. It should ask the user for the sustained wind speed and the current daily temperature. If the wind speed is above 30 mph or if the daily temperature is below 41 degrees F, then output that the launch must be aborted. Otherwise, output that the rocket is go for launch! Save the program as RocketLaunch.java.
- Compare and Contrast American, European, and Japanese Approaches to Quality Management