You can enhance your professional portfolio by providing a space to show how your personal ethics and values align with the mission and vision of the organization where you desire or intend to work. Stating short-and long-term professional goals demonstrates planning and foresight to future employers while presenting a plan to achieve those goals conveys planning and strategic ability.
Include the following in your portfolio:
Demographics: Include your name, email, phone number, and any other relevant contact information.
Personal Mission Statement / Goals: In 500-750 words, describe how your personal ethics and values align with the mission and vision of the health care organization where you intend to work. Include professional goals and your plans to achieve them.
Education/CEUs, Certifications, and Licenses: Provide documentation of education from accredited universities and colleges, including graduation dates, and any professional certifications or licenses. If you have them, include copies of diplomas, certificates, etc.
Professional Organizations/Awards or Honors Earned: In addition to any awards or honors earned, list any professional organizations to which you belong and what positions you have held in the organization, if applicable.
Resume: A short, one-page document of your work experience, education, and professional accomplishments.
Examples of Work: Provide two examples of your work as either a learner or a professional. (Model of Leadership paper from Week 8 is recommended.)
Letters of Reference: Include at least one academic and one professional reference.
Each section of the portfolio should begin on a new page.
APA style is not required for this assignment, but scholarly writing is expected.
- Explain how strategic planning can provide a sense of direction and help in the development of measurable goals.
- What do you think about Native American civilization before European Contact?
- Write an essay answering: how would you describe life for the Native Americans before the arrival of the Europeans?
- Identify how the selected tools (individually) are of value and a challenge in the health care industry, inclusive of public health where applicable.
- Describe the four metaparadigms: patient, nurse, health and environment.
- Define a nursing practice area where you could apply Neuman Systems Model.
- What is the main claim of Gladwell’s Essay?
- Discuss two (2) patient education considerations related to the priority concept (topic).
- Describe the importance of the priority concept (topic) to professional practice.
- Discuss at least one (1) strategy in prevention of legal consequences related to the priority concept (topic) in professional practice.