Answer the following prompt in at least 300 words:
With the complex politics of the Electoral College and recent contentious elections, several states have discussed changing to an election system other than that used most commonly in the US (first-past-the-post). Alaska and Maine have changed to ranked choice voting, and several other states use a majority system rather than a plurality system. Which electoral system do you think is the best to use? Explain your reasoning.
For background information and context, you should consult the following resource in developing your answers:
The ACE Electoral Knowledge Network information on the various types of electoral systems: https://aceproject.org/ace-en/topics/es/esd
- Describe the strategic approach of the United States to terrorism in Africa and explain the threat to the United States from terrorists recruited by Al Shabaab.
- What are the potential consequences for ignoring emergent strategies?
- If you have celiac disease or know of someone who does, how does going gluten-free affect their lives?
- What do Edward Belamy and Henry George have to say about the possibility of changing industrialized societies without revolution?
- What did Kipling say in the poem, The White Mans Burden?
- Discuss how the field of Speech Language Pathology can be incorporated within Academic success (written oral communication of literacy across the curriculum) and Cultural diversity (Bilingualism English language learners).
- Are there differences between these terms, or are they synonymous?
- What is the difference between real or physical evidence and testimonial evidence?
- Write an essay that identifies–and presents a reasonable, well-developed solution for–some type of problem related to technology.
- What aspect of family psychology interests you?