1. Select a disease process that interests you. DISEASE IS PNEUMONIA
2. Write a 2-3 page paper (excluding title and reference pages).
a. Introduction of disease – 20 points/20%
One paragraph (approximately 200 words)
Includes disease description
Includes epidemiology of disease
b. Etiology and risk factors – 20 points/20%
Common causes of the disease or condition
Risk factors for the disease or condition
Impact of age
Prevalence based on gender,
Influence of environment
Genetic basis of disease
All information supported by current literature
c. Pathophysiological processes – 20 points/20%
Describes changes occurring at the cellular, tissue, and/or organ level that contribute to the disease
Describes adaptation of the cells and body in response to the disease.
Relates disease processes to manifested signs and symptoms.
d. Clinical manifestations and complications – 20 points/20%
Describes the physical signs and symptoms that are important in considering the presence of the disease.
Identifies signs that contribute to diagnosis of the condition
Identifies symptoms that contribute to diagnosis of the condition.
Identifies complications of the disease.
Discusses the implications to the patient when complications are left untreated.
e. Diagnostics – 10 points/10%
Includes list of common laboratory and diagnostic tests used to determine the presence of the disease.
Discusses the significance of test findings in relation to the disease process.
f. APA Style and Organization – 10 points/10%
References are submitted with assignment.
Uses appropriate APA format (7th ed.) and is free of errors.
Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
Paper is 2-3 pages, excluding title and reference pages
At least two (2) scholarly, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided
For writing assistance (APA, formatting, or grammar) visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library.
- Describe a perspective presented in the behavioral learning theory.
- Discuss about China using BRI to turn itself from semi-periphery to core country.
- What are the common differences between Academic Research and Applied Research?
- Identify a healthcare scenario focused on the need for culturally safe practice.
- Write a research paper on the changes in academic world after the pandemic.
- What is the difference between a specification limit and a control limit?
- Describe how a race condition is possible and what might be done to prevent the race condition from occurring.
- Discuss a mental health condition (i.e. major depressive disorder, schizophrenia, alcohol use disorder..PICK ONE.etc.) and its burden as a noncommunicable disease in terms of short-term/chronic disability and morbidity.
- Describe various theories / conceptual frameworks concerning sexual orientation discussed in your course book.
- Discuss why it is so important to understand physical development and brain functioning when working as an adolescent mental health therapist?