Pick one (1) of the following topics. Then, address the corresponding questions/prompts for your selected topic. Use at least one (1) documented example of the corresponding primary source in your writing.
Option 1: McCarthyism and Anti-Communist Campaigns
The Cold War brought about an irrational fear of communism and communist activities in the United States. As we are learning this week, one of the most vocal instigators of this paranoia was Senator Joseph McCarthy. McCarthy delivered a speech about the imminent threat of communism on February 9, 1950. Perform a search on the internet and locate and read Joseph McCarthy’s speech given in Wheeling, West Virginia on February 9, 1950. Copy and paste the following keywords into your Google search bar: “Joseph McCarthy, Wheeling, West Virginia.” The speech is also referred to as “Enemies from Within.”
Construct the case study by responding to the following prompts:
Explain how Senator Joseph McCarthy defined communist nations within the speech. What specific threats did these nations pose?
Assess if Senator Joseph McCarthy charges were accurate.
Analyze anti-communist sentiments during the Cold War era, were these sentiments valid. If so, how? If not, why not?
Explain if there are other examples of events similar to the Red Scare that have occurred throughout history and modern day.
Examine what happened to people who invoked the Fifth Amendment, refused to appear or were found in violation of the law as defined by the Congressional Committee.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
Length: 4-5 pages (not including title page and references page)
12-point Times New Roman font
In-text citations that correspond with your end reference
- Race IAT & Reflection
- Explain how society has used the judicial system and the penitentiary industrial complex as a way of stripping the rights of citizens and controlling people.
- Difference in VO2max and the Ventilatory Threshold Between Elite and Recreational Cyclists
- Self Esteem
- Argument/Discussion: LGBTQ in Racial Contract? White Supremacy vs LGBTQ
- How is the reality you observe different from what is predicted based on current theory/literature? (that’s your reflection on the need of research)
- After reviewing the chapters, download the Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template Download Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template.
- Cryptocurrency in the business management and international relations environment in Western Europe.
- Biofilms and their tolerance to antibiotics
- Beauty comes in all forms. It is a social idea, a point of view. Research ” beauty” in different time periods and/ or different cultures and analyze why these constructs were or are considered beautiful, decipher reasons. Identify the time period with historical or cultural context.