This is your first major writing assignment of the semester. Unlike chapter activities, major writing assignments will involve submitting a draft (for participation credit), then getting and giving feedback to a few of your peers (these will be automatically assigned through Canvas when it’s time to do peer reviews), revising, and then submitting for my comments. This specific assignment will challenge you to communicate policy changes and visualize information, so you’ll be drawing on all of the skills you’ve read about so far.
You are the manager of accounting for Turlock Tech, a computer company that sells computer-software packages. You have just received word from the comptroller that there has been a change in the expense allowances for employees using their own cars on business. Previously, one rate was applied to all employees, but now there will be different allowance rates for regular and nonregular drivers.
Effective immediately, regular drivers will receive $1.00 per mile for the first 650 miles driven per month, and 25 for each additional mile. Nonregular drivers will receive 80 per mile for the first 150 miles per month, and 25 for each additional mile. Regular drivers are those who use their own cars frequently on the job to drive to their sales territories. Nonregular drivers are those employeessuch as home-office personnelwho only occasionally use their cars on business. To ensure that these categories are used properly, you have requested that the manager of each department notify Accounts Payable, in writing, which employees in each of their departments should be classified as regular drivers. Accounts Payable will reimburse those employees not identified by the letter according to the nonregular driver formula.
Prepare a memo to communicate this information to all Turlock Tech employees.
Things to Consider:
Purpose: what are you trying to accomplish with this document? (chapter 1)
Audience: who is your audience and what are their information needs? (chapter 1)
Organization: how could you organize information to be easily navigated for your audience? What information needs to be emphasized? (chapter 2)
Document design: how could you best present this information on the page for your reader? (chapter 5)
Genre: what are the formatting and content features of a memo? (chapter 7)
- What might the United States do to improve their PISA scores in reading, math, and science?
- Explain how strategic planning can provide a sense of direction and help in the development of measurable goals.
- What do you think about Native American civilization before European Contact?
- Write an essay answering: how would you describe life for the Native Americans before the arrival of the Europeans?
- Identify how the selected tools (individually) are of value and a challenge in the health care industry, inclusive of public health where applicable.
- Describe the four metaparadigms: patient, nurse, health and environment.
- Define a nursing practice area where you could apply Neuman Systems Model.
- What is the main claim of Gladwell’s Essay?
- Discuss two (2) patient education considerations related to the priority concept (topic).
- Describe the importance of the priority concept (topic) to professional practice.