After you have written your answers, please delete the questions. Leaving the questions in the document will affect your Turnitin plagiarism score.
1. Briefly describe the culture in which Equiano lived before his capture; then
summarize his capture and separation from his sister.
2. Describe Equianos reactions as he first encounters the slave ship and the white men
who are enslaving them (p. 379). What are the emotions that he feels? What fears
does he have? How does he describe the countenances of those who were enslaved
as he was?
3. These few pages are, in some textbooks, subtitled The Horrors of the Slave Ship.
List five horrors from pp. 380-382 that strike you as particularly dreadful.
4. Describe the procedure for selling the slaves describe on p. 383. (Do not forget this
part of the question.) According to Equiano, what is the greatest horror of the selling
of slaves? At the end of the chapter, he writes, Surely, this is a new refinement in
cruelty. To what is he referring?
5. Describe Equiano’s friendship with Richard Baker, found at the end of chapter III on
p. 385. Comment on at least one other thing that stands out to you from chapter III.
6. The excerpt from chapter VII describes how Equiano gained his freedom. How did
this come about? Who helped him? Respond to Equianos expression of the joy he
felt at being free. Which images best express his feeling to you? Were you moved by
7. Explain one of the allusions from this passage – either his reference to Peter in prison
or the reference to Elijah.
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the global financial market or in various countries.
- Discuss the implications these laws and/or regulations have on the business environment.
- Does the number of lies Stephanie Ericsson outlines in The Ways We Lie help or hurt her argument?
- Explain how the conversation change when discerning between acute vs chronic pain?
- Write a report on “business/ credit cycle” based from these two videos : Fear the boom and bust: Keynes vs Hayek and Friedrick Hayek The Road to Serfdom (Episode #139).
- Identify the typical Western Hero Archetype and then explain how your selected Eastern Hero differs from the typical Western Hero Archetype.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Integrated Evidence-Based Practice
- Write a program for NASA that will determine if the weather conditions are favorable for launch of a new rocket. It should ask the user for the sustained wind speed and the current daily temperature. If the wind speed is above 30 mph or if the daily temperature is below 41 degrees F, then output that the launch must be aborted. Otherwise, output that the rocket is go for launch! Save the program as RocketLaunch.java.
- Compare and Contrast American, European, and Japanese Approaches to Quality Management