This week, we study the fascinating archetype of the Dying God, which tends to follow a pattern of death and resurrection in some way.
After choosing ONE STORY post a brief discussion here explaining how the character you’ve chosen fits (and/or fails to fit) the dying god pattern. In particular, what do you see in this god that is some kind of sacrifice, and what does the god, or those who follow him or her, gain? (Please post in about 150 words, and also reply to at least one classmate by politely adding to the ideas of, or qualifying the ideas in, that person’s post.)
- Compare and contrast the difference between laptops and desktop computers.
- Describe the most challenging obstacle you have had to overcome or a risk that you have taken and explain its impact (positive or negative) on you and what you have learned from the experience.
- Explain the difference between the common misconception of the term negative reinforcement and how the science of behavior analysis defines it.
- Write a review on why the legalization of marijuana in several states is forcing many police leaders to modify their views and practices regarding its use.
- Does doing homework actually help students learn more?
- Write a research paper on playground bullying and its effects on young children.
- Write a paper that are able to manage the risks presented when balancing individual rights and professional duty of care.
- What can you learn from this primary source about German attitudes towards violence and warfare, and/or the plight of the Nazis perceived enemies?
- Describe both the state and federal court system and explain the benefits of having a dual-court system in America?
- Describe demographic characteristics for your community or state in terms of demographic makeup, ethnicity, and illness and health status.