Module 06 Discussion – Microbial Transmission Routes in Hospitals
Hospitals and other healthcare settings will often implement Transmission-Based Precautions to prevent or help reduce the spread of infections to healthcare workers, as well other patients in their care. These Transmission-Based Precautions are designed to supplement standard precautions in patients/residents with documented or suspected infection/colonization of highly transmissible or epidemiologically important pathogens. The three categories of Transmission-Based Precautions include:
For your initial post, choose one of the Transmission Based Precautions listed above to report on. Research your selection and provide answers to the following questions: When should the precaution be implemented? What type of PPE should be used by a healthcare worker providing care to the patient? Are there any other considerations that apply when caring for a patient with this type of precaution? Finally, list some examples of diseases that fall into this category.
Must be in APA 7th edition also citations.
- What are some considerations for substance abuse treatment with older adult populations?
- Discuss copyright law Amendments in Africa : A comparative study of fair use provisions.
- Examine the key factors related to retirement.
- Write a Research on content production and dissemination mechanisms in the digital media era
- Write an essay Exploring the efficacy of mindfulness based interventions in reducing burnout among nursing staff.
- Discuss Truman Doctrine With the Homo bureacraticus decision-making model.
- Can you think of anything that could have made the experience better for the patient and/or family?
- What other options could the IC have implemented to establish a water supply to support the fire flow for this incident?
- Create a 3-5 page submission in congestive heart failure.