Module 06 Discussion – Microbial Transmission Routes in Hospitals
Hospitals and other healthcare settings will often implement Transmission-Based Precautions to prevent or help reduce the spread of infections to healthcare workers, as well other patients in their care. These Transmission-Based Precautions are designed to supplement standard precautions in patients/residents with documented or suspected infection/colonization of highly transmissible or epidemiologically important pathogens. The three categories of Transmission-Based Precautions include:
For your initial post, choose one of the Transmission Based Precautions listed above to report on. Research your selection and provide answers to the following questions: When should the precaution be implemented? What type of PPE should be used by a healthcare worker providing care to the patient? Are there any other considerations that apply when caring for a patient with this type of precaution? Finally, list some examples of diseases that fall into this category.
Must be in APA 7th edition also citations.
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the global financial market or in various countries.
- Discuss the implications these laws and/or regulations have on the business environment.
- Does the number of lies Stephanie Ericsson outlines in The Ways We Lie help or hurt her argument?
- Explain how the conversation change when discerning between acute vs chronic pain?
- Write a report on “business/ credit cycle” based from these two videos : Fear the boom and bust: Keynes vs Hayek and Friedrick Hayek The Road to Serfdom (Episode #139).
- Identify the typical Western Hero Archetype and then explain how your selected Eastern Hero differs from the typical Western Hero Archetype.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Integrated Evidence-Based Practice
- Write a program for NASA that will determine if the weather conditions are favorable for launch of a new rocket. It should ask the user for the sustained wind speed and the current daily temperature. If the wind speed is above 30 mph or if the daily temperature is below 41 degrees F, then output that the launch must be aborted. Otherwise, output that the rocket is go for launch! Save the program as RocketLaunch.java.
- Compare and Contrast American, European, and Japanese Approaches to Quality Management