Should medical misdiagnosis be a crime? Over the past 20 years, more and more criminal indictments have been taking place against doctors charged with negligence that resulted in the death of patients.
Are doctors making mere mistakes or are they negligent or acting in a reckless manner resulting in criminal liability?
Should criminal charges be brought without willful misconduct? Should a doctor lose their license? Are there healthcare and/or business reasons that affect such decisions (whether positively or negatively)?
Should murder charges be brought against a doctor for the misdiagnosis a patient?
Is there a difference between being overworked and lack of attention (negligence)?
What do you think?
Write a two-page paper answering the above questions. Also, find a recent case (within the past 5-10 years), detail the facts of the case and include the outcome. Include your personal opinion, but also make sure you support your response with legal reasoning, utilizing relevant case law and the Model Penal Code.
- What aspect of family psychology interests you?
- Write up describing the benefits of using a private cloud platform like Seafile, OwnCloud, or NextCloud at XYZ Company.
- Compare and contrast the renaissance, the Protestant Reformation, and the Scientific Revolution.
- What social, behavioral, and epidemiological trends should be monitored to track program impact over time?
- Describe a cross-functional team (CFT) which is setup in a health care organization to address service excellence.
- Briefly describe criminal procedure, including arrest, arraignment, the role of the grand jury, and indictment.
- Explain what technology can be used to enhance rather than hurt a patients engagement in care.
- Explain how your academic and professional goals align with WaldenUniversity vision, mission,social change message, social determinants of health and university outcomes as well as the AACN DNP Essentials.
- Identify one area where sexism or heterosexism is evident in key social institutions in Sociology 101 course.
- Discuss measures that were put in place post incident in terms of physical asset protection.