Logical Fallacies (https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/academic_writing/logic_in_argumentative_writing/fallacies.html) provides a list of various logical fallacies with definitions. For this assignment, you will apply ethical reasoning and recognize fallacies in ethical reasoning. In your three-page paper,
Describe at least five logical fallacies;
Summarize the impact of each logical fallacy on the criminal justice system; and
Provide specific examples of how each logical fallacy could impact the professionalism, preparedness, and daily functions of significant aspects of the criminal justice process.
Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of paper
Course name and number
Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Banks, C. (2016). Criminal justice ethics: Theory and practice (4th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu
Chapter 12: Duty and Principle
Chapter 13: Considering the Consequences
Chapman, M. L., & Davis, F. V. (1978). Skills for ethical action: A process to judgment and action. Educational Leadership, 35(6), 457-461. Retrieved from http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership.aspx
The full-text version of this article is available in the EBSCOhost database located in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. It will assist you in responding to this weeks discussion, Moral Actions: Motivations and Relevance.
Lykan, W. (2001). Morality. Retrieved from http://www.unc.edu/~ujanel/Morality.htm
This article discusses the moral theory for moral decisions. It will assist you in responding to this weeks discussion, Ethics Applied: Moral Actions.
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). Logical fallacies. Retrieved from https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/academic_writing/logic_in_argumentative_writing/fallacies.html
This site provides a listing and definitions of various logical fallacies. It will assist you in completing this weeks assignment, Logical Fallacies and Criminal Justice.
Roh, Y.-R. (2003). An extended conception of rationality and moral actions. Journal of Value Inquiry, 37(1), 35-49. doi:10.1023/a:1024033810944
The full-text version of this article is available in the ProQuest database located in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. This article discusses moralism and rational choice. It will assist you in responding to this weeks discussion, Moral Actions: Motivations and Relevance.
Hicks, W. (2015). CRJ524 professional resources list. Retrieved from https://bridgepoint.equella.ecollege.com/curriculum/file/78ce1060-b8b0-4666-8a12-ecc460da8d1b/1/CRJ524_Professional Resources List.docx
This document provides additional resources in the form of articles, multimedia, and websites that may be helpful in the development of your learning in the field of criminal justice. This source may assist you in your weekly discussions.
- What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?
- Do you agree with President Jackson’s conclusions of the necessity for an Indian Removal Policy?
- Is it possible to teach someone to love reading?
- Why is the murder of Lady Macduff and her dramatically necessary? Consider what the murder reveals about Macbeth and the effect the murder has/will have on Macduff and other noblemen.
- Bail Trap by Nick Pinto
- Management Control Report
- How would you solve the moral dilemma of Janet Moore? Try to put yourself in her place. What would you decide and why? Explain the reasons for your decision carefully.
- Project purpose idea: neighborhood community board assessing the risks involved if Con Edison continues with a (specific) project. Transition Risk being the focus- economic losses from a business changing policies and production to more energy efficient methods
- Animal parts used in Fashion industry or Fashion buisness and affecting animal welfare and ethics
- Analysis of W T. Stead’s The Maiden Tribute