Logical Fallacies (https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/academic_writing/logic_in_argumentative_writing/fallacies.html) provides a list of various logical fallacies with definitions. For this assignment, you will apply ethical reasoning and recognize fallacies in ethical reasoning. In your three-page paper,
Describe at least five logical fallacies;
Summarize the impact of each logical fallacy on the criminal justice system; and
Provide specific examples of how each logical fallacy could impact the professionalism, preparedness, and daily functions of significant aspects of the criminal justice process.
Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of paper
Course name and number
Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Banks, C. (2016). Criminal justice ethics: Theory and practice (4th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu
Chapter 12: Duty and Principle
Chapter 13: Considering the Consequences
Chapman, M. L., & Davis, F. V. (1978). Skills for ethical action: A process to judgment and action. Educational Leadership, 35(6), 457-461. Retrieved from http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership.aspx
The full-text version of this article is available in the EBSCOhost database located in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. It will assist you in responding to this weeks discussion, Moral Actions: Motivations and Relevance.
Lykan, W. (2001). Morality. Retrieved from http://www.unc.edu/~ujanel/Morality.htm
This article discusses the moral theory for moral decisions. It will assist you in responding to this weeks discussion, Ethics Applied: Moral Actions.
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). Logical fallacies. Retrieved from https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/academic_writing/logic_in_argumentative_writing/fallacies.html
This site provides a listing and definitions of various logical fallacies. It will assist you in completing this weeks assignment, Logical Fallacies and Criminal Justice.
Roh, Y.-R. (2003). An extended conception of rationality and moral actions. Journal of Value Inquiry, 37(1), 35-49. doi:10.1023/a:1024033810944
The full-text version of this article is available in the ProQuest database located in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. This article discusses moralism and rational choice. It will assist you in responding to this weeks discussion, Moral Actions: Motivations and Relevance.
Hicks, W. (2015). CRJ524 professional resources list. Retrieved from https://bridgepoint.equella.ecollege.com/curriculum/file/78ce1060-b8b0-4666-8a12-ecc460da8d1b/1/CRJ524_Professional Resources List.docx
This document provides additional resources in the form of articles, multimedia, and websites that may be helpful in the development of your learning in the field of criminal justice. This source may assist you in your weekly discussions.
- Discussion 4: Food Disparity
- Evaluate and critique Pope John Paul II based on the materials read. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ADHERE TO THE ATTACHED PDF CONTAINING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO WRITE THE PAPER. The attached PDF will show you how to adhere to its instruction regarding formatting and constructing an incisive thesis sentence, with each paragraph presenting one main point defending the thesis.
- gential pain and itching
- Define the factors from case#3 that played a role in each of the three groups. Research outside of the textbook is required for this assignment to obtain in depth information from this incident you must include in your paper. Make sure to include a works cited page following MLA formatting
- The Equal Rights Amendment was first proposed almost a century ago and has still not been added to the United States Constitution.
- In this assignment, you will create an annotated bibliography consisting of seven sources. Each entry will consist of a reference list citation, a summary of the sources information, and a one-sentence assessment. Each annotation should be between 150 to 200 words.
- A cornerstone of learning juvenile justice includes understanding the difference in treatment of juveniles who enter the system versus adults who enter the system. Initially, protective rights were not extended to juveniles. However, through the process of appeal and evaluation by The Supreme Court, juveniles were extended many of the same rights and protections given to adults who came into the formal legal system. Read Kent v US and write a legal brief. A legal brief requires the following: the case title, statement of the issue of the case, the details of the case background, and the way in which the court ruled, with an explanation supporting that ruling. Two pages are required in APA format to include a title page, in-text citations, and a reference page.
- Explain strategies for managing human and financial resources to promote organizational health. Explain how the interdisciplinary plan could be implemented and how the human and financial resources would be managed.
- Research the company on its own website, public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page, Strayer University’s online databases, Strayer University’s Lexis Advance database, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions. Use the Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness Template [DOCX] to ensure that your assignment meets the requirements.
- Why is a practical, working knowledge of the law important to the security manager and how does it impact their capabilities and services? Although insurance can never be a substitute for a comprehensive security program, what are its primary roles and functions related to security management?