Logical Fallacies (https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/academic_writing/logic_in_argumentative_writing/fallacies.html) provides a list of various logical fallacies with definitions. For this assignment, you will apply ethical reasoning and recognize fallacies in ethical reasoning. In your three-page paper,
Describe at least five logical fallacies;
Summarize the impact of each logical fallacy on the criminal justice system; and
Provide specific examples of how each logical fallacy could impact the professionalism, preparedness, and daily functions of significant aspects of the criminal justice process.
Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of paper
Course name and number
Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Banks, C. (2016). Criminal justice ethics: Theory and practice (4th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu
Chapter 12: Duty and Principle
Chapter 13: Considering the Consequences
Chapman, M. L., & Davis, F. V. (1978). Skills for ethical action: A process to judgment and action. Educational Leadership, 35(6), 457-461. Retrieved from http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-leadership.aspx
The full-text version of this article is available in the EBSCOhost database located in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. It will assist you in responding to this weeks discussion, Moral Actions: Motivations and Relevance.
Lykan, W. (2001). Morality. Retrieved from http://www.unc.edu/~ujanel/Morality.htm
This article discusses the moral theory for moral decisions. It will assist you in responding to this weeks discussion, Ethics Applied: Moral Actions.
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). Logical fallacies. Retrieved from https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/academic_writing/logic_in_argumentative_writing/fallacies.html
This site provides a listing and definitions of various logical fallacies. It will assist you in completing this weeks assignment, Logical Fallacies and Criminal Justice.
Roh, Y.-R. (2003). An extended conception of rationality and moral actions. Journal of Value Inquiry, 37(1), 35-49. doi:10.1023/a:1024033810944
The full-text version of this article is available in the ProQuest database located in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. This article discusses moralism and rational choice. It will assist you in responding to this weeks discussion, Moral Actions: Motivations and Relevance.
Hicks, W. (2015). CRJ524 professional resources list. Retrieved from https://bridgepoint.equella.ecollege.com/curriculum/file/78ce1060-b8b0-4666-8a12-ecc460da8d1b/1/CRJ524_Professional Resources List.docx
This document provides additional resources in the form of articles, multimedia, and websites that may be helpful in the development of your learning in the field of criminal justice. This source may assist you in your weekly discussions.
- Identify and define relevant concepts clearly for the viewers. (Define capital and your groups specific variety, if it has one.)
- What is the difference between a cross-sectional study and a longitudinal study? What advantages and disadvantages does each method have?
- What are the implications for both employees/subcontractors and the HR function?
- Discuss the key events that have contributed to the evolution of operations management. Please be sure to include specific events, time (year) and who was involved (the individual’s name or company). Please provide at least three (3) factors and the events.
- Research and describe a patient story that was caused by that sentinel event topic. For example, if the sentinel event alert is about Fires in the Operating rooms, then you must research and find a story about a patient impacted by a fire in the OR.
- * Why is the problem important in the area of corporate crime or regulation of corporate crime?
- Discussion Thread: Price
- Literature Review : Identity Development in 8th graders
- Select a publicly-traded company that is traded on U.S. exchange. Locate the annual report for at least the last three fiscal years.
- summarize the key points of each chapter, and show how those points are related to each other. In the final paragraph, please explain your own thoughts and interpretations of the material.