1. List and explain the three basic functions of administrative law.
2. Explain the process of judicial review on the activities of administrative agencies.
3. Discuss why administrative law developed.
A. What was the societal and legal need that led to the development of administrative agencies?
B. In your discussion, include a brief outline of the history of the development of administrative law in the U.S.
C. Also, include at least two examples of when administrative law as opposed to law created by a legislature or legal rulings created by courts would be preferable.
4. List at least 7 administrative agencies. Choose one of those you listed and explain how that administrative agency may have a direct effect on your life.
5. If you received a Notice of Violation in the mail from an administrative agency, what would be the steps that the administrative agency could take against you and what would be your legal response?
6. Identify and discuss the major Constitutional protections for the citizens accused of crimes our criminal justice system. Why did the Founders (of our nation) see fit to include these protections? Are these protections relevant today? (Remember, I give no credit for one word answers.) Are these protections important to you?
7. What are the two elements that are part of every crime? Why are these elements important to criminal law?
8. The Founders celebrated the control over unlimited power of government in the push and pull of checks and balances inherent in the way they structured our government through our Constitution. Tell me, would the Founder be satisfied with the checks and balances available to control the power of administrative agencies? Be sure to explain why or why not. Also, if there are checks and balances, explain what they are and why they work.
You must do some online research in order to get credit for the following test items. Site two research sources of credible information for each test item:
In other words, you must include two sources for question 9 and two sources for question 10 and two sources for question11. You answers must be at least 500 words for each of the number 9, 10, and 11 test items.
9.What is the effect of white collar, computer hacking, and identity theft on American business and our economy? What can be done to better control these costs?
10. What is the effect of illegal immigration on business and the economy in this country? Define illegal immigration before you answer the first question. What, in your opinion, should we do about illegal immigration on a personal level? What does illegal immigration have to do with the topics covered in Chapters 5 and 6.
11. What, in your opinion, should we do about illegal immigration from a state or national level?
What were the three most important things you learncixed in this section of the course?
- Discussion 4: Food Disparity
- Evaluate and critique Pope John Paul II based on the materials read. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ADHERE TO THE ATTACHED PDF CONTAINING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO WRITE THE PAPER. The attached PDF will show you how to adhere to its instruction regarding formatting and constructing an incisive thesis sentence, with each paragraph presenting one main point defending the thesis.
- gential pain and itching
- Define the factors from case#3 that played a role in each of the three groups. Research outside of the textbook is required for this assignment to obtain in depth information from this incident you must include in your paper. Make sure to include a works cited page following MLA formatting
- The Equal Rights Amendment was first proposed almost a century ago and has still not been added to the United States Constitution.
- In this assignment, you will create an annotated bibliography consisting of seven sources. Each entry will consist of a reference list citation, a summary of the sources information, and a one-sentence assessment. Each annotation should be between 150 to 200 words.
- A cornerstone of learning juvenile justice includes understanding the difference in treatment of juveniles who enter the system versus adults who enter the system. Initially, protective rights were not extended to juveniles. However, through the process of appeal and evaluation by The Supreme Court, juveniles were extended many of the same rights and protections given to adults who came into the formal legal system. Read Kent v US and write a legal brief. A legal brief requires the following: the case title, statement of the issue of the case, the details of the case background, and the way in which the court ruled, with an explanation supporting that ruling. Two pages are required in APA format to include a title page, in-text citations, and a reference page.
- Explain strategies for managing human and financial resources to promote organizational health. Explain how the interdisciplinary plan could be implemented and how the human and financial resources would be managed.
- Research the company on its own website, public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page, Strayer University’s online databases, Strayer University’s Lexis Advance database, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions. Use the Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness Template [DOCX] to ensure that your assignment meets the requirements.
- Why is a practical, working knowledge of the law important to the security manager and how does it impact their capabilities and services? Although insurance can never be a substitute for a comprehensive security program, what are its primary roles and functions related to security management?