Letter or Email: The student must write three (3) letters or emails or a combination of letters/emails to their identified legislators (State and/or Federal). The letters/emails may be the same topic to three different legislators or three different topics to three different legislators. Legislators read correspondence, especially when it is personalized and clearly from a constituent. The following guidelines should be used when writing to your representative:
Be brief (one page or less), and use your own words.
Begin with the appropriate heading and address.
Be specific: State the specific bill number and issue and state your opinion in the first sentence.
Relate your experience with the issue. Use personal examples when possible. Your interest and concern about the issue is important.
Ask the legislator to specifically commit to supporting or opposing the legislation you are writing about.
Ask for specific reasons they are supporting or opposing the proposal.
Sign and print your name and include your address and other contact information.
If you have pertinent materials and/or editorials from local papers, include them.
Cite any references at the end of the letter or email usingAPA format.
Avoid form letters/emails if possible. If you are using a sample or form letter, be sure to adapt it, especially in the first sentence and paragraph. Legislators and their aides recognize form letters and are less likely to be influenced by them.
Thacixnk him or her for considering your opinion.
- Explain how strategic planning can provide a sense of direction and help in the development of measurable goals.
- What do you think about Native American civilization before European Contact?
- Write an essay answering: how would you describe life for the Native Americans before the arrival of the Europeans?
- Identify how the selected tools (individually) are of value and a challenge in the health care industry, inclusive of public health where applicable.
- Describe the four metaparadigms: patient, nurse, health and environment.
- Define a nursing practice area where you could apply Neuman Systems Model.
- What is the main claim of Gladwell’s Essay?
- Discuss two (2) patient education considerations related to the priority concept (topic).
- Describe the importance of the priority concept (topic) to professional practice.
- Discuss at least one (1) strategy in prevention of legal consequences related to the priority concept (topic) in professional practice.