For this assignment, you will propose a data mining and analytics, machine learning, or knowledge discovery research topic that you desire to investigate. Complete this assignment using the Research Project Proposal (DOCX) download template, outlining the major sections you should include in your research paper. Your topic will be reviewed by your instructor, who will either approve your topic or provide you additional feedback to guide you in topic selection.
Be sure to include a clear and concise paragraph stating the research problem and the background your proposed study will investigate, with additional bullet statements as appropriate in each category.
You can begin by identifying one or two problems you may wish to research. Among the sources for problem areas are journals, signature publications of major professional associations, white papers, magazines, and even discussions with employers and colleagues. Often, the authors point out areas of controversy or areas that are not fully fleshed out that may serve as good research topics.
Some important criteria to evaluate the selection of the problem include:
Is there a substantial body of literature on the problem area?
Is the problem area timely?
Let’s assume that you have successfully identified a problem. Next, you have to frame some sort of research question(s) within that area. The form such questions should take is fairly specific. In coming up with a research question, keep in mind that it should have a place in the literature. After all, science is the cumulative process of knowledge generation. Ask yourself: What will answering this question tell us? Why is it important?
The simplest and most logical place to come up with research questions is from recent literature in an area. Most journal articles end with a section on suggestions for future research and study limitations; look for these. Another good approach to developing research questions is to apply a paradigm used with one population to another population. Replications of already published research may provide an avenue in some cases.
The easiest criterion to remember is that the question should be a phrase about what you are going to study in the form of a question. A second criterion is that the question should suggest a relationship to be examined, as the purpose of doing research is to advance the body of knowledge. Sometimes the research question would imply the possibility of empirical testing.
Writing an effective research proposal prepares you for an indispensable skill required to work effectively in both academia and industry after you graduate. You are posing a reasonable argument, idea, or hypothesis, as well as, the significance of which you have demonstrated by relating it to relevant literature in the field of inquiry. You are also proposing a methodology to examine and research the problem with clear steps leading to a reasonable justified conclusion.
Note: Citations – It is imperative that any sources consulted in the preparation of written assignments be properly cited using current APA format, (Links to an external site.) both in the body of the paper as well as at the works end. Plagiarism in any form will not be tolerated. Even though group discussions, student participation, and collaboration are encouraged, students must submit their own work, prepared individually.
- Discussion 4: Food Disparity
- Evaluate and critique Pope John Paul II based on the materials read. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ADHERE TO THE ATTACHED PDF CONTAINING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO WRITE THE PAPER. The attached PDF will show you how to adhere to its instruction regarding formatting and constructing an incisive thesis sentence, with each paragraph presenting one main point defending the thesis.
- gential pain and itching
- Define the factors from case#3 that played a role in each of the three groups. Research outside of the textbook is required for this assignment to obtain in depth information from this incident you must include in your paper. Make sure to include a works cited page following MLA formatting
- The Equal Rights Amendment was first proposed almost a century ago and has still not been added to the United States Constitution.
- In this assignment, you will create an annotated bibliography consisting of seven sources. Each entry will consist of a reference list citation, a summary of the sources information, and a one-sentence assessment. Each annotation should be between 150 to 200 words.
- A cornerstone of learning juvenile justice includes understanding the difference in treatment of juveniles who enter the system versus adults who enter the system. Initially, protective rights were not extended to juveniles. However, through the process of appeal and evaluation by The Supreme Court, juveniles were extended many of the same rights and protections given to adults who came into the formal legal system. Read Kent v US and write a legal brief. A legal brief requires the following: the case title, statement of the issue of the case, the details of the case background, and the way in which the court ruled, with an explanation supporting that ruling. Two pages are required in APA format to include a title page, in-text citations, and a reference page.
- Explain strategies for managing human and financial resources to promote organizational health. Explain how the interdisciplinary plan could be implemented and how the human and financial resources would be managed.
- Research the company on its own website, public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page, Strayer University’s online databases, Strayer University’s Lexis Advance database, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions. Use the Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness Template [DOCX] to ensure that your assignment meets the requirements.
- Why is a practical, working knowledge of the law important to the security manager and how does it impact their capabilities and services? Although insurance can never be a substitute for a comprehensive security program, what are its primary roles and functions related to security management?