Watley’s are looking into the possibility of buying an automatic cutting machine, which would enable the company to reduce its headcount by one; however, the company wants to check that the overall savings will justify the initial capital outlay.
The new equipment will cost £60,000 and will cost £2,000 a year in maintenance costs. There will be an annual saving of £22,000 in labour. The equipment will have a useful life of 4 years, at which point it will have zero value.
Using a discount rate of 10%, use the NPV method to recommend whether or not Watley’s should invest in the new automatic cutting machine.
Click here to access a data table showing how to calculate the discount rate.
When carrying out capital investment analysis, there are a number of assumptions that have to be made about the future, with respect to the capital investment project itself as well as other wider economic factors.
Inevitably, some of the assumptions may be found to be incorrect over time, which may mean that the attractiveness of the capital investment may increase or decrease.
Critically analyse TWO such assumptions that might apply to the capital investment analysis relating to the purchase of the automatic cutting machine.
The NPV is one viable method of carrying out analysis into capital investment decisions, but there are also others available.
Critically compare the NPV method with other available capital investment analysis methods, and suggest how this applies in the context of the above scenario for Watley’s.
This is a mixed style question, with some technical content and some report-style content, with a word count range of 1500 – 2000 words.
Apply appropriate techniques to analyse and evaluate financial performance
Make financial decisiocixns based on financial information
- Discuss the main function of electrolytes and what happens if the electrolytes are out of balance. What does electrolyte balance have to do with execution by lethal injection? Based on what you find, discuss as a class if you think lethal injection is humane or inhumane. If you think lethal injection is inhumane, examine a better alternative.
- Choose a problem that affects a wide number of people. Develop your argument by explaining the problem, stating your solution, and providing strong supporting details to support your proposed solution.
- Select one of the unit concepts to research. Find a current event in an article through Park’s library, that will illustrate that concept.
- The paper needs to include information from the topics “I’m Beautiful but Hire Me Anyway”, “The Beauty Advantage”, and “Woman Valued for Physical Attractiveness “. Feel free to include any other research or information you find after including these. Please follow the order of the rubric I upload all the necessary information rubric, the structure of the essay, etc.
- Analyze the value of networking and begin development of a plan.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of one of the important arguments encountered, i.e. explain what makes an argument or point of view convincing or unconvincing. Concentrate on explaining how economic reasoning, models, and/or evidence are or could be used to weaken or strengthen the argument discussed.
- Federal protection for voting rights, long considered a matter of state law, has expanded dramatically since the founding era. Discuss the constitutional amendments that have brought about the expansion, commenting also on the historical context of each.
- How is newness brought into the world? Compare and contrast how Anne Bradstreet’s “The Author to Her Book” and Mina Loy’s “Feminist manifesto” represent creativity / creation.
- Develop a business plan to start or manage a practice, identify SWOT analysis, marketing plan, key stakeholders, reimbursement, insurance issues, a solid budget plan (expense and revenue sheet)
- Ways Teens Can Avoid Social Media Affecting Their Mental Health