Part 1. Interview a middle or high school student about their use of social media. You cannot interview someone who does not use social media or yourself. Use the following questions to collect relevant information.
How old are you?
What grade are you in?
How do you identify your gender?
How do you identify your race or ethnicity?
How old were you when you began using social media?
What social media do you use? Ask them to put the social media in order of most frequently to least frequently used.
For each social media platform/app, how often do you use it? Almost constantly, several times an hour, several times a day, less often?
Why do you use social media?
In general, what are three or more positive effects of social media?
In general, what are three or more negative effects of social media?
What advice do you have for others teens about using social media?
Thank them for their time.
Write a demographic summary of the teen you interviewed. No names, but you may use initials. Create a meaningful table regarding their social media use. Summarize their responses to questions 8-12. You may use some quotes here.
Part 2. Locate a peer-reviewed, empirical journal article about teens, social media use, and one positive or negative effect mentioned by your teen respondent. For example, you could choose teens, social media use and anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, body shaming, cyberbullying, mental distress, poorer academic performance, loneliness, feeling left out or lack of belonging, or safety issues, such as cyberstalking, unwanted sexual attention, etc. On the more positive side you could choose making social connections, relationship maintenance, collaboration, communication skills, enhanced self-esteem, identify exploration, resource sharing, emotional validation, or increased social network, etc.
Note that an empirical article is one where a study was conducted. They will have a method and results section with statistical analyses. You should do a search using the KSU library database system. Try the PsychInfo database.
You must include an in-text citation in APA format for the first sentence in which you provide source information.
You must paraphrase. No quotes allowed for this part.
You must include a reference for your source in APA format.
Write a summary of the article in your own words. Do not copy or paraphrase the abstract.
What was the purpose, aim, or goal of the research study?
Restate each of the hypotheses.
Who were the participants?
What method was used? Procedure and materials?
Explain the main findings and conclusions.
Compare and contrast the article with the teen you interviewed (including demographics and how the findings of the article relate).
In at least one paragraph, explain how it relates to what you have learned in this course.
Use Times New Roman 12 font; double space everything except tables.
Use APA format 7th edition
Write professionally; proofread for writing errors.
Create a title page. No running head is needed.
Please include the link to the empirical article
- Discuss about an issue concerning a current social issue or modern technology and write an essay in which you take a position on that issue.
- Identify the three essential elements to management, maintaining a balance between the current culture, and improving relationships to minimize resistance to change.
- Explain how the Act of God doctrine, can be used to eliminate liability in contracts for failure to perform.
- What experiences have you had working with children with psychological difficulties?
- Identify measures to assist the individual to achieve the tasks of his/her stage of development.
- Discuss and analyse the Trifler letters to the serialized articles on natural philosophy and history.
- Do you agree with the concept that individuals self-medicate in relation to stress, coping, and substance-related and addictive disorders?
- Discuss nation-states in the world today, and different types of political institutions are spread among them.
- Summarize, analyze, and discuss some of the key aspects of that Compliance Program Manual, and how some of those key aspects relate to promoting product safety and efficacy.
- Explain how to reduce the use of excessive police force that especially targets communities of color in the United States.