Select a country (culture/region) that according to existing cultural research is
significantly distinct from your cultural background. (I am fri
om Sweden so Scandinavian culture.)
Aim of the exercise:
You must help prepare a business person from that country for a business visit to your home country. This person will be visiting your country for about 5 days, with the aim of initiating potential business relationships or partnerships with companies in your country. Your research should help that person to set up meetings appropriately, to know how to lead and/or participate in conversations and negotiations, as well as to leave an overall good impression of his country for doing business. You will want to cover various aspects of hierarchy and power, conversation and negotiation styles, building trust, as well as practical advice for getting a hotel room, ordering in a restaurant, or engaging in small talk. Make sure
to support your findings with adequate research.
Your paper should cover everything that is relevant to making this visit successful!
1. A paper covering all the aspects that you find to be important to make sure a business person will be successful in your home country, including academic evidence for your advice. The paper should be well-researched and well-structured, it should include an executive summary, key recommendations, and a conclusion.
This should be about 3,000 words. Please use the guidelines attached about writing academic papers, listing and referencing your sources.
2. A presentation that summarizes the main findings from your research, to make sure:
they have a positive understanding of your country;
they understand the core values needed for successful communication inside and
outside of a business environment;
they get some valuable hands-on tips on how to be make their visit a success,
Use the attached powerpoints and also external sources.
- Write about Green HRM- Its role in organizational sustainability: Recent research and knowledge emerging in this field.
- Describe the operations that the international firm seeks to perform in a NEW host country (manufacturing, joint venture, or exporting from the home country) and the competition the firm would face there.
- What are some of the opportunities missed in the case?
- Discuss which may be more cost effective vs. which may serve more people.
- Discuss how the quote applies to the main concept being explained in your response.
- Discuss about why a particular situation or setting might call for one type of software over another.
- Describe how classroom evaluation is different from clinical evaluation.
- Can you apply the concepts in the reading to a career in public health?
- What are your strategies for promoting equity in evaluation?
- What was successful and unsuccessful about those responses?