Income and Poverty
Economists believe people should get paid according to the value of their output. This is relatively easy to determine when you produce something physical, such as cupcakes. However, measuring if you provide a service (perhaps teaching, or you’re a doctor treating a medical condition) becomes challenging.
Regardless of how you measure the value of the output, the more productive you are, the more valuable you are in the market to potential employers. This is why many economists are against the minimum wage and are for programs that improve an employee’s productivity (such as education and training). There is a surprising agreement on how important education is in minimizing income inequality among economists.
Given this information, what would you recommend to policymakers to reduce poverty and income inequality? What do you think about various school districts having vastly different access to resources around the state or even the country? Recall that spending more on education has an opportunity cost – be sure to include that in your answer.
Your answer should demonstrate the knowledge you learned over the semester. Most answers need to be 400-600 words in depth.
- Which strategy should business rely on more? Differentiation or Cost Leadership? Why? Use an example of a local business (can be more than one) to differentiate the two theories and explain weigh up the better option.
- Business Law Analysis pt 1
- 1. In which way did Bill Clinton create a budget surplus in the Federal budget? 2. If you were to remember Clinton’s Presidency, would you define it by scandals or economic stability? 3. What were the reasons George W Bush got America into the Iraq
- Choose one provision from the ANA Code of Ethics. How is ethical behavior an integral part of being a nurse leader? How does one communicate the characteristics of a role model with this provision? Do ethics influence the leadership style of the nurse leader?
- Discussion Response Supporting a Thesis Statement
- Nursing Dilemma
- Discuss three bases of individual power from the article (reward, legitimate, etc.) which you find in your workplace or other areas of your life.
- Consider how it makes your field more reliable, better analyses, detecting weaknesses and emergencies. You may give as many examples of math as you would like.
- Research paper on why there should be stricter gun control laws in the United States.
- APPLICATION ESSAY UNDER 200 WORDS