Remember, you need to answer at least two of the following questions.
Franklin D. Roosevelt greatly expanded the power of the federal government to fight the Great Depression. Do you think Roosevelt’s New Deal was effective? If so, why? If not, how could it have been more effective?
Conservatives vehemently disagreed with Roosevelt’s New Deal. Why? What was their reasoning, and how did they attack the New Deal? Do you find their arguments valid? Explain why or why not.
The New Deal left an uneven legacy in American history—not all groups of people were helped or considered equally. How did the New Deal affect the lives of women and African Americans? In what ways did the prevailing racial and gender beliefs of the time manifest in the New Deal?
Consider the article on the Green New Deal. Briefly explain the Green New Deal. How is Roosevelt’s New Deal influencing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s fight against climate change? What connection exists between conservative philosophies from the 1930s and the modern attacks against the Green New Deal?
The New Deal was one of the most important political turning points in twentieth century America. So, a philosophical question: Does a catastrophe the size of the Great Depression warrant an expansion of government powers? Or, were conservatives correct in stating that any expansion of governmecixnt power is inherently negative?
- Strategies to Restore Academic Motivation and Well-Being Essay
- Reevaluating Supervised Release Violations Research
- Analyzing Military Tactics, Intelligence Assessment, and Long-term Consequences in the Afghanistan War Essay
- How Environmental Enrichment Sparks Neural Stem Cell Renewal in the Aging Brain Research
- Implementing Moral Development Theory in South African Inclusive Classrooms Essay
- Microsoft’s Role and Mitigation Strategies Essay
- Strategic Decision-Making in the Smartphone Industry Discussion
- Mastering the Art of Coffee Brewing Essay
- The Mysteries of Organic Compounds Research
- Optimizing Employee Motivation in the Aviation Industry Research