PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION SEPARATELY. NOT LIKE AN FORMAL ESSAY
1. COVID-19 is a new coronavirus that emerged in late 2019 and led to a pandemic that has claimed more than 3.82M lives to date. It has severe respiratory symptoms and can cause death in humans, similar to but not the same as the SARS virus. You are the HR Director of a large international airline in Canada with flights to many destinations. A group of your flight attendants have refused to work on flights, as they believe that the closed circulatory air system of the airplanes increases the chances of getting the virus and becoming ill.
a. Identify which health and safety legislation applies to this situation and explain if flight attendants have the right to refuse work in this situation? (4 marks)
b. Briefly describe the procedures you will follow and the actions you will take after being notified of the flight attendants’ refusal to work. (3 marks)
c. Would you have given different answers to parts a and b if those refusing work were workers in a correctional facility in Brampton, Ontario and were concerned about the outbreak of COVID-19 as six of the 14 inmates in a unit had tested positive for the coronavirus, Ontario? Explain. (3 marks)
2. Steven is a forklift driver at a major urban UPS processing facility in Scarborough, ON. At this sorting facility, different employees are assigned to the tasks of unloading incoming mail and parcels from trucks using forklifts, operating mail sorting machines, manual processing of mail and parcels if needed, and uploading the outgoing trucks.
a. Discuss four types of injuries and illnesses that occupational health and safety professionals should be most concerned about in this work environment for different employees. (4 marks)
b. Describe the job characteristics model and utilize it to provide two recommendations for reducing the psychological hazards of Steve’s job by improving job content and control. (6 marks)
3. A hotel establishment in Muskoka Lakes, ON, has 35 employees who work an average of 8 hours per day for 280 days a year. In the past year, the employer reported 12 injuries for a total lost time of 50 days. Furthermore, there was a minor fire in the main kitchen in February 2020. While the fire did not result in any injuries, it led to the closure of the restaurant and room services for 20 days.
a. What are the injury frequency and severity rates for this hotel? Write the steps you took for this calculation. (2 marks)
b. With 2,400,000 in gross insurable earnings in 2020, estimate the premium payment for this hotel. (2 marks)
c. To reduce injury and severity rates, you, as the head of the occupational health and safety of the hotel, have been asked to train three staff managers on the methods of hazard identification as they apply to this context. Briefly describe three methods of hazard identificaticixon you would visit. (6 marks)
- Comment on the interaction between the child and adult. What language facilitating supports did the parent/caregiver use? b. include any nonverbal communication used by the parent and the purpose of the non-verbal communication. c. comment on whether the language faciliative strategies used by the parent supported the child’s overall language development? If so, why
- Prepare paper’s thesis to be on what makes people happy.
- Write a final paper. This paper should be about 12 pages doubled-spaced and should be submitted through canvas by the date of the final. You have broad discretion to choose a topic of your own, so long as it falls within the general theme of the course.
- How to use EViews to implement the econometric techniques we have discussed in the module.
- Create a new product or service to be introduced by your company. How does marketing support your company’s mission, objectives, and growth strategies?
- Smartphones are good for us but how do They make life easier.
- Submit a Proposition or Opposition persuasive essay (i.e., one essay) on the motion. Make a complete argument either for (Proposition) or against (Opposition) the motion, using sourced evidence to substantiate your points.
- Write a description of each individual song or instrumental piece performed, describe the concert environment. Include the following: A description of the physical layout of the performance hall or venue.
- Write an assignment emphasizing the practical application of Mental Health First Aid training. Briefly highlight the significance of extending this knowledge beyond traditional settings and exploring unconventional avenues to benefit a diverse range of individuals.
- Choose one local store(ex Aldi,Lidl) from Coventry and apply the instructions from assignment guide line. Create a firm for you as independent consultant who will conduct this research ,hired by Local Council Coventry.