Identify what are their beliefs when it comes to disease (pathological condition) and the role ethnomedicine plays in healing.
Who does the healing in your cultural group (Medicine man/woman? Shaman? Healer? etc.)
What is a common illness (culturally mediated condition) in this population and how is it treated?
c. Research Kinship and domestic life structures in your selected cultural group.
How does the cultural group trace descent? (Unilineal (if so matriarchal or patriarchal)? Bilineal?) Explain.
How are marriages established in this society? How are spouses selected (endogamous or exogamous)? Are there marriage gifts exchanged? Are marriages monogamous or polygamous? Explain.
What is the typical household structure (nuclear vs. extended family)?
d. How is the cultural group changing (or is being changed) through globalization when it comes to ethnomedicine and domestic lives?
e. How can anthropologists work to help this population in the changing world? Search for information on what anthropologists are doing to help this population regarding the aspects you discussed, and what are the gaps (what is still missing that anthropologists can still work on to meet the needs of this group).
- Race IAT & Reflection
- Explain how society has used the judicial system and the penitentiary industrial complex as a way of stripping the rights of citizens and controlling people.
- Difference in VO2max and the Ventilatory Threshold Between Elite and Recreational Cyclists
- Self Esteem
- Argument/Discussion: LGBTQ in Racial Contract? White Supremacy vs LGBTQ
- How is the reality you observe different from what is predicted based on current theory/literature? (that’s your reflection on the need of research)
- After reviewing the chapters, download the Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template Download Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template.
- Cryptocurrency in the business management and international relations environment in Western Europe.
- Biofilms and their tolerance to antibiotics
- Beauty comes in all forms. It is a social idea, a point of view. Research ” beauty” in different time periods and/ or different cultures and analyze why these constructs were or are considered beautiful, decipher reasons. Identify the time period with historical or cultural context.